Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Fitness Requirements

Greetings Everyone,

I want to join the Army National Guard and have a few questions. I'll give a little detail about me in hopes that it will help you guys answer my questions more accurately. I am a 24 year old male, I am 6ft. and weigh 200lbs. I am in good physical condition, I workout, hike, etc.

My questions are for the physical requirements, they measure in increments of 2 minutes. Now I have timed myself and I can 50-60 push-ups anywhere between 45 and 55 seconds but than get fatigued and my arms lock up. Same stats with the sit-ups give or take. Is this an area where I will have to keep working till I can go the whole 2 minutes or am I over analyzing?

My running is half decent, I am able to run the 2 miles anywhere between 18-20 minutes depending on work and other activities during that given day. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I know these have been redundant questions, its just joining the Military has always been a passion of mine and I don't want to fail or jump the gun enlisting if I should train more.

I Thank You in advance for any clarity or advice!

Re: Physical Fitness Requirements

You can stop whenever you want. I have seen soldiers stop at the min., others when they max out, and others when they hit 2 mins. Your running needs to getbetter. At your age it should be around 15 mins. for 2 miles. Try speed work outs to get better. Also look at the 150 pushup/ sit up challenge. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmac View Post
      You can stop whenever you want. I have seen soldiers stop at the min., others when they max out, and others when they hit 2 mins. Your running needs to getbetter. At your age it should be around 15 mins. for 2 miles. Try speed work outs to get better. Also look at the 150 pushup/ sit up challenge. Good luck.
      Great! Thanks for the insight. I know my running is a weakness and I will research speed work outs, seems like it can bring me up to the level where I need to be.

Comment

Don't worry, the guy with the round brown at Basic Training will help improve your run when you get there.

Comment

Working...
        X