X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National guard family joining question

Hello I had received a letter in the mail about the national guard an thought it would be a great head start for me if I am able to join because I was thinking about joining the active duty army or maybe Air Force but I recently found out I wasn't able to because my husband is in active duty and we have a son but I was wondering if I could join the national guard with a husband that is in active duty army and with a child while still being able to be there for them and home with them as much as possible if thats even possible and if i am able to join will i be able to travel with them if my husband decides to re-enlist after his time in the military has finished.

Re: National guard family joining question

Per AR 601-210, 2-10. b) (4):

b. An applicant does not meet dependency requirements if—

(4) The applicant has a spouse currently on AD or who is a member of a RC (excluding IRR) of the U.S. Armed
    Forces and has a dependent less than the age of 18. One Service member must have completed IADT. (Battalion
    commander or equivalent member of ARNG may consider waiver.)

Should be a fairly easy Dependency waiver though. You'd need to get with a Recruiter and work on a Family Care Plan.

Best of luck!!

Comment

Working...
    X