X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about body fat percentage

Hi, I am an 18 year old female 5' 3" and weight 160 pounds. I already took the ASVAB and a physical and everything and my body fat percentage just passed at 30%. This was 4 weeks ago and I have been doing everything to exercising more and eating healthy to lose more weight just in case, but nothing seems to be working. So my question is: If my body fat percentage is just over 30% (31% or 32%) when they measure again for basic, will they not let me go? I am very worried that I won't be able to go, and I am hopefully going in about a month. I am waiting on a medical waiver to go through before finding out. Thanks!

Re: Question about body fat percentage

If it has been over 30 days since you passed your physical, you'll be required to do your HT/WT & Body Fat measured again before you enlist, assuming your med waiver is approved. You will be required to do the same again the date you ship. If you fail either of those, you will not be able to enlist or ship.

Females can have a difficult time making that 30% body fat due to the way they carry it. I've had athletic females fail by 1-2% because they have muscular legs and buttocks. Obviously, if you weren't already aware, you need to increase your neck size and cut down the waist & hips.

Don't give up, you'll make it with hard work and determination!!

Comment

Working...
    X