Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanently DQ for the Army National Guard!!!!

I just like to start off and say I'm 18 years old. I was born with high frequency hearing loss. I went to meps for the National Guard and I failed my hearing test I'm barley fall under the category of H3. My recruiter sent in the waiver and it came back 3 months later as Permanently DQ. I will be attending a university this fall. I'm wondering if there is any point in doing Army ROTC since I'm permanently DQ? Also say later down the road I try to join the Marines. Will it instantly pop up as I was PDQ for the Army? Thanks in advance. All I want to do is serve my country. My hearing seems fine I never have a hard time hearing people its just I can't hear those stupid high frequency tones.

Re: Permanently DQ for the Army National Guard!!!!

Originally posted by Jeep View Post
    I just like to start off and say I'm 18 years old. I was born with high frequency hearing loss. I went to meps for the National Guard and I failed my hearing test I'm barley fall under the category of H3. My recruiter sent in the waiver and it came back 3 months later as Permanently DQ. I will be attending a university this fall. I'm wondering if there is any point in doing Army ROTC since I'm permanently DQ? Also say later down the road I try to join the Marines. Will it instantly pop up as I was PDQ for the Army? Thanks in advance. All I want to do is serve my country. My hearing seems fine I never have a hard time hearing people its just I can't hear those stupid high frequency tones.
    Each branch has their own standards on waivers, but medical enlistment standards are the same. No point in ROTC, unless you can pass the hearing test. You would get a commissioning physical for ROTC, which you would again subsequently fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      You would get a commissioning physical for ROTC, which you would again subsequently fail.
      Which would REALLY suck after spending 2-3 years in the ROTC program.

Comment

Thanks for your interest but you are done.

Comment

Working...
        X