Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to MEPS, now medical Waiver is needed. Any insight?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Went to MEPS, now medical Waiver is needed. Any insight?

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
    THIS is all you need to know now. The availability of ANY MOS is a mute point until THIS happens. If the MEPS doctor says you 'need' a waiver, then a waiver you must get, regardless of whether or not you think it is "preposterous". If MEPS says you need a waiver, then you are not a 19D, E-5 or anything else until this happens.

As for your "original question?" ...."Is this not a little preposterous?" is the only one I could find; the answer is maybe, but it is what it is. It is also a mute point now whether you should have or should not have said anything about your prior issue.... All that matters NOW is that MEPS said you will need a waiver to enlist, "been there done that" (past) and your plans for after the NG (future) also have no bearing on the NOW, so stop insulting the people who ARE TRYING to offer some insight and go work on your waiver packet.
    well if people would read, i never asked if i should tell meps about my blood pressure. that was my decision. done and over with. my question was will a med waiver for bp effect what mos and schools i can pick in the future. a rather simple question. The first part of my original post was to paint a picture of how it played out, not to be told what i should and should not have done. i pride myself on being honest and truthful in every aspect. which for some people, that can be left up to debate. start a new thread for that one if so many people want to debate that point....
    Last edited by humveedude; April 18th, 2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by humveedude View Post
      well if people would read, i never asked if i should tell meps about my blood pressure. that was my decision. done and over with. my question was will a med waiver for bp effect what mos and schools i can pick in the future. a rather simple question. The first part of my original post was to paint a picture of how it played out, not to be told what i should and should not have done. i pride myself on being honest and truthful in every aspect. which for some people, that can be left up to debate. start a new thread for that one if so many people want to debate that point....
      Well, you should not be confused and disappointed in a system that is designed to protect you and the military based on your responses. It is that simple.

But to answer your questions about when and if your waiver is approved; it should not affect the chances of getting jobs you are qualified for. One of a MOS criteria is the PUHLES code and as long as you have the proper PUHLES (e.g. 111111), then you should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
        to answer your questions about when and if your waiver is approved; it should not affect the chances of getting jobs you are qualified for. One of a MOS criteria is the PUHLES code and as long as you have the proper PUHLES (e.g. 111111), then you should be good to go.
        thank you, i did not know about that puhles code thing.

Comment

I wrote the code wrong. It's PULHES.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini.../l/blpulse.htm

Comment

I wrote the term wrong. It's PULHES.

Comment

THIS is all you need to know now. The availability of ANY MOS is a mute point until THIS happens. If the MEPS doctor says you 'need' a waiver, then a waiver you must get, regardless of whether or not you think it is "preposterous". If MEPS says you need a waiver, then you are not a 19D, E-5 or anything else until this happens.
              Funny.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who has served any length of time in any branch of the Armed Forces would be of the mindset to think 'how I feel overrides the governing body that makes the rules'.

I also found it funny, as Chief Kemosabe also did, that 'this guy' would be waltzing around thinking he's an Army NCO. At this point, no matter what branch he was discharged from, he is neither--He is neither a Petty Officer nor an Army NCO. You won't find Chuck Hagel walking around with E-5 stripes on his suit.

And most importantly, just because a MEPS doctor said he needs a waiver doesn't mean he has to get one, particularly since he doesn't have a chronic illness which requires medication or isn't physically impaired to the point where his readiness would be limited.

Because he's prior service, 'that guy' doesn't need to sit around and wait for a waiver. I know how to rectify his issue but I wouldn't give two shiittes. I've seen TOO MANY Navy personnel blatantly disrespect Army NCO's and Officers out of stupidity only to have to eat crow afterwards. Let him rot while he waits for a waiver. It would not surprise me in the least if 'that guy' gave the personnel at MEPS the same attitude that he's been flicking around in this thread, which is why he's in the predicament he's in now.
              Last edited by VICEROY06; April 19th, 2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                Funny.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who has served any length of time in any branch of the Armed Forces would be of the mindset to think 'how I feel overrides the governing body that makes the rules'.

I also found it funny, as Chief Kemosabe also did, that 'this guy' would be waltzing around thinking he's an Army NCO. At this point, no matter what branch he was discharged from, he is neither--He is neither a Petty Officer nor an Army NCO. You won't find Chuck Hagel walking around with E-5 stripes on his suit.

And most importantly, just because a MEPS doctor said he needs a waiver doesn't mean he has to get one, particularly since he doesn't have a chronic illness which requires medication or isn't physically impaired to the point where his readiness would be limited.

Because he's prior service, 'that guy' doesn't need to sit around and wait for a waiver. I know how to rectify his issue but I wouldn't give two shiittes. I've seen TOO MANY Navy personnel blatantly disrespect Army NCO's and Officers out of stupidity only to have to eat crow afterwards. Let him rot while he waits for a waiver. It would not surprise me in the least if 'that guy' gave the personnel at MEPS the same attitude that he's been flicking around in this thread, which is why he's in the predicament he's in now.
                dude... this thread is old news at this point. you're panties are still in a twist i see... lol, take a chill pill, and get over yourself. go workout or something if you need to vent, learn to let go guy.

Comment

I wrote the term wrong. It's PULHES.

thanks

Comment

Funny.

VICEROY...I agree with you and I am certainly not a MEPS doctor; my response to the OP was that all of the back and forth arguing about whether he SHOULD HAVE said something or not was irrelevant and that he should move on with his current situation, rather than the continuing saga of the current pi$$ing match.

Comment

VICEROY...I agree with you and I am certainly not a MEPS doctor; my response to the OP was that all of the back and forth arguing about whether he SHOULD HAVE said something or not was irrelevant and that he should move on with his current situation, rather than the continuing saga of the current pi$$ing match.
                      can you read? i am the one that wants to move on. everyone else here is pissing about what should have been said or done at meps. when that was never my question. people need to really chill out on here, and move on. no reason to add fuel to the fire. I'm not saying we all have to agree with eachother, but can we all be grown ups now, and at least pretend we are all on the same team here? the real enemy is out there blowing up buildings, not asking questions on here.

Comment

First of all Sergeant (wait are you a former-petty officer 2nd class or officially an Army E-5?). I guess you are lying what your rank is by your avatar.

I would like to have a 2nd Lieutenant rank for an avatar myself. But I'm not finished with OCS yet. I'll post it when I earn it.

Comment

Chris36, you are right. A pissing match is unecessary. We should all be professionals. And 'that guy' should understand conversations between other members of this discussion board will continue regardless of his presence.

Comment

Chris36, you are right. A pissing match is unecessary. We should all be professionals. And 'that guy' should understand conversations between other members of this discussion board will continue regardless of his presence.
                            Nice post mr obvious... care to take your own advise about being professional? since obviously you can't just let go. must have some deep rooted personal issues or something. regardless, like i said, the fight is out there on the battlefield, not here among fellow Americans. this thread should be closed since it has obviously gone nowhere.

Comment

I would like to have a 2nd Lieutenant rank for an avatar myself. But I'm not finished with OCS yet. I'll post it when I earn it.
                              Honestly, I do not care if he had 4 stars in his avatar. I just brought up that point since he seem to be so meticulously about honor and integrity. As in my case, my avatar is a Field Grade Chief Warrant Officer 4 (John Travolta in the General's Daughter), who is two ranks higher than me and a CID Warrant not Signal. The only movie that has my rank is Matt Damon in Green Zone playing CW2 Roy Miller.

I like the definition of WO on this website lol

http://www.chud.com/24170/damon-vs-c...o-roy-millers/

Roy Miller (Green Zone) is a Chief Warrant Officer serving in Iraq. A Chief Warrant Officer is commissioned by the President and is a particularly prestigious and important position.
                              Roy Miller (Knight and Day) is an international superspy.

Comment

Honestly, I do not care if he had 4 stars in his avatar. I just brought up that point since he seem to be so meticulously about honor and integrity. As in my case, my avatar is a Field Grade Chief Warrant Officer 4 (John Travolta in the General's Daughter), who is two ranks higher than me and a CID Warrant not Signal. The only movie that has my rank is Matt Damon in Green Zone playing CW2 Roy Miller.

I like the definition of WO on this website lol

http://www.chud.com/24170/damon-vs-c...o-roy-millers/

Well, in that case, chief, I'll choose Sam Elliot a.k.a. "Sergeant Major Basil Plumley" for my avatar

Click image for larger version

Name:	3845523f3d570d339fcb53664286befc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	403

Comment

Working...
                                X