Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to MEPS, now medical Waiver is needed. Any insight?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Went to MEPS, now medical Waiver is needed. Any insight?

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
    eqmcclure did give you advice--Advice that would take 2 to 3 months or longer to rectify.

Nevertheless, his commentary remains true. Even the facilitator at MEPS will tell you the same thing during the 'moment of truth' what everyone else on this discussion board would you: Don't divulge irrelevant information that will get you disqualified.

Truth or not, your bad BP test results was irrelevant information.

Your self-righteous sense of what is 'truth' is irrelevant.

No one is waiting at the end of the tunnel with a Snicker bar for you because you want to tell the truth.

I may be on the 'outside of truth' but you're the one on the outside of enlistment.

Again, have a nice day.
    By far the most ridiculous post yet... i feel sorry for your friends and family that have to deal with someone who thinks telling the truth is irrelevant. Not to mention openly admitting to being "outside of the truth"... Seems like kids these days have no morals. I have 10 years active duty Military under my belt... so i am far from being outside of enlistment, been there done that.... If i was meant to be in the military again, i will be. But i am not by any means going to sacrifice my character just to satisfy a desire of mine. You people who think this way have a lot to learn.

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
    Well, reality is MEPS is not a place you get ahead by being fully forthcoming. Their job is to disqualify you from service. We would not have been able to staff two wars over the past decade if every applicant admitted each time they stubbed their toe or got a splinter.

To your polygraph comment: If you really think the purpose of the police polygraph is to determine if you are a liar you are fooling yourself. Everyone is a liar to some degree, and they use that to their advantage to run the test. It is the difference between what is considered a relevant, irrelevant, and control questions on the test. So I do know how they work, I also know that you can being fully honest on the test and still be found deceptive. It is an art, not a science, and that is what "control" questions do on the test.

At the end of the day, you don't have to like it, but you made a bad decision. Medical waivers can go either way. I have seen some sure things get denied, and some that were approved that blew me away. All you can do is submit it and wait.
    They do not ask about splinters, so that comment was totally irrelevant... right up there with paper cuts and hangnails. Blood pressure is a different story. Anyway, Polygraphs are called Lie detectors for a reason. I am more than aware of how they work and how one can be deemed deceptive from their findings. Again, can people not read? this is not the purpose or subject of this thread. Your post added no value whatsoever.

Moderators, please close or delete this thread. The entire context of this thread has nothing to do with my original question which in turn serves no value to the thread or to anyone who reads it. For everyone that posted or commented that "I should not have said anything about my blood pressure". Why don't you start a new thread titled "how to cheat your way into meps", or "how to be deceptively honest", or something along those lines
    Last edited by humveedude; April 18th, 2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by humveedude View Post

i feel sorry for your friends and family that have to deal with someone who thinks telling the truth is irrelevant.
      I feel sorry for a person that feels resorting to insults gives that person a false sense of being the 'bigger man'.

....Not to mention openly admitting to being "outside of the truth"...
      You really should research the use of singular and double quotation marks. Makes a big difference in the point you're trying to get across--A point that you missed while you were busy thinking of an obnoxious response to post.

Seems like kids these days have no morals. I have 10 years active duty Military under my belt...
      Yet you are the one looking for advice.

...i am far from being outside of enlistment, been there done that....
      Yet you couldn't get past the first stage of MEPS. How's that 10 years of military duty experience working out for you?

If i was meant to be in the military again, i will be.
      Yet you'll be sitting on pins and needles for several weeks until your waiver, that you didn't need, is approved.

But i am not by any means going to sacrifice my character just to satisfy a desire of mine.

Too late.
      Last edited by VICEROY06; April 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
        I feel sorry for a person that feels resorting to insults gives that person a false sense of being the 'bigger man'.

You really should research the use of singular and double quotation marks. Makes a big difference in the point you're trying to get across--A point that you missed while you were busy thinking of an obnoxious response to post.

Yet you are the one looking for advice.

Yet you couldn't get past the first stage of MEPS. How's that 10 years of military duty experience working out for you?

Yet you'll be sitting on pins and needles for several weeks until your waiver, that you didn't need, is approved.

Too late.

Wow, obviously i hit a soft spot with you, must have all been true then. You are not even worth my time to respond in detail to rebuttal your insults and ignorance in interpreting what i said or was originally asking. Sorry to have gotten your panties in a twist, lol.

Where are the moderators? can we end the madness and close this now pointless thread? thanks people... lol
        Last edited by humveedude; April 18th, 2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

........Name:  6474cde4d4231754948e582cabc1e897.gif
Views: 4
Size:  1.1 KB

Comment

Why don't you start a new thread titled "how to cheat your way into meps", or "how to be deceptively honest", or something along those lines
            I would call it "Reality".

Comment

I would call it "Reality".
              i call THAT sad, and a dishonor to the country for which you are enlisting to defend.

Comment

They give polygraphs at MEPS now?

Comment

You right, it is the same.... and if the questionnaire asked if i ever got an infection and i did in the past, guess what? i would say yes! I dont get how people can convince themselves that is not lying. Habitual liars i guess.

I do know better... I know not to lie. Can we move on now to my original question? thank you
                  First of all Sergeant (wait are you a former-petty officer 2nd class or officially an Army E-5?). I guess you are lying what your rank is by your avatar. Anywho. I never wrote that you should lie. I just referred that your disclosure was unnecessary and provided the MEPS ammunition to disqualify. Overall, your BP was irrelevant because it was good to go the day you went to MEPS.

When I came back on active duty 10 years ago, I had pain in my knee. And it hurt like a beast, when I had to do the duck walk again. But I knew the issue was temporary and it will not hinder me to perform once I got back on active duty. Did I mention it? Of course not. If I did, probably, I would have not been afforded to pass MEPS, not get back on active-duty, not go to Iraq and Afghanistan and not be a Chief Warrant Officer today. And I am glad that I made the right call.

I have more years than you on active-duty, and still on active-duty and a US Army officer. To suggest that I have no honor and integrity is baseless.
                  Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; April 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                    They give polygraphs at MEPS now?
                    no, we were talking about in the civilian world when going through the application process to become a cop.

by the way, they are letting me keep my e5 so i am not lying in that aspect. either way you cut it... you're right, im right, it does not matter. people will always have their own opinions on what it right. that was never my initial question in this thread. for that, it should be closed done and over with.
                    Last edited by humveedude; April 18th, 2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

no, we were talking about in the civilian world when going through the application process to become a cop.
                      And what that has to do with your initial post? I was an Army MP for four years, Federal Border Patrol agent and applied for the NYPD in which I never took a polygraph. So a polygraph does not always apply to civilian law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                        And what that has to do with your initial post? I was an Army MP for four years, Federal Border Patrol agent and applied for the NYPD in which I never took a polygraph. So a polygraph does not always apply to civilian law enforcement.
                        it doesn't, that's the point. people have brought this thread so far off topic is ridiculous. and yes, in Washington state it is required for all law enforcement agencies to do a Polly. i have family in law enforcement and corrections alike. look... going further off topic again... wow

Comment

it doesn't, that's the point. people have brought this thread so far off topic is ridiculous. and yes, in Washington state it is required for all law enforcement agencies to do a Polly. i have family in law enforcement and corrections alike. look... going further off topic again... wow
                          Unless its a Federal Agency operating in the state. They would use their own standards.

There really is nothing to comment on about your "question". You opened the can or worms, you can't put them back in, you submit the waiver, and than you wait. If approved you enlist, if not approved you live with it.

Comment

So nobody brought the measuring tape?

Comment

Unless its a Federal Agency operating in the state. They would use their own standards.

There really is nothing to comment on about your "question". You opened the can or worms, you can't put them back in, you submit the waiver, and than you wait. If approved you enlist, if not approved you live with it.
                              why are you even still posting? who cares? lol screw the can of worms, let's talk beating a dead horse. let's move on and grow up shall we?
                              Last edited by humveedude; April 18th, 2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

.......submit the waiver, and than you wait. If approved you enlist, if not approved you live with it.
                                THIS is all you need to know now. The availability of ANY MOS is a mute point until THIS happens. If the MEPS doctor says you 'need' a waiver, then a waiver you must get, regardless of whether or not you think it is "preposterous". If MEPS says you need a waiver, then you are not a 19D, E-5 or anything else until this happens.

As for your "original question?" ...."Is this not a little preposterous?" is the only one I could find; the answer is maybe, but it is what it is. It is also a mute point now whether you should have or should not have said anything about your prior issue.... All that matters NOW is that MEPS said you will need a waiver to enlist, "been there done that" (past) and your plans for after the NG (future) also have no bearing on the NOW, so stop insulting the people who ARE TRYING to offer some insight and go work on your waiver packet.

Comment

Working...
                                X