X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASVAB for Dummies Book

I have an ASVAB for Dummies book that I would like for someone to get some use out of. I have been trying to sell it for a while, but have not had any luck. The book is in excellent condition (no markings or anything). I bought it brand new and barely used it. I live in the Denver metro area. If you are interested, let me know.

Re: ASVAB for Dummies Book

If you ever decide to give up on getting money back out of it, I bet a Recruiting Office would take it off your hands! I dont blame you, I'm typing it in a nice tone!

Comment

Originally posted by Nic5178 View Post
      I have an ASVAB for Dummies book that I would like for someone to get some use out of. I have been trying to sell it for a while, but have not had any luck. The book is in excellent condition (no markings or anything). I bought it brand new and barely used it. I live in the Denver metro area. If you are interested, let me know.
      Seriously? You're talking about a book that I can get on Amazon.com for less than ten dollars.

Comment

Evilbay or Half Price Books....

Comment

Originally posted by Nic5178 View Post
          I have an ASVAB for Dummies book that I would like for someone to get some use out of......
          Let it go. It's not that deep.

I gave my 20 buck Kaplan ASVAB book away to a co-worker. Her nephew needed it. Dumbass still got a 30.

Drop it off at your nearest recruitment office.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic5178
            I meant in the post that I am willing to give it away. I said that I was (key word) hoping to get some money out of it. I gave up on that. I seriously cannot believe that I got so much negativity from posting a thread about giving away a book. It amazes me that this is supposed to be a forum for support for those who are in and are considering joining the National Guard and these are the people who are responding. Maybe I should rethink my decision to join if I am just going to be surrounded by a bunch of judgmental people.
            Wow, really?!? I made a couple of suggestions as to where you could recoup some ca$h for it....

My NCO's are quite fond of telling us that the military isn't for everyone. Only you can make that decision for yourself. No matter where you end up there will always be pros & cons to every situation.

Comment

And this is what BCT has been reduced to:

Drill Sergeant: "Get down, maggot, and give me twenty"

Private: "One Drill Sergeant, two Drill Sergeant, three Drill Sergeant...."

Drill Sergeant: "Please stop. Are you okay, private? Did your heart rate get too high? Do you want me to get you a questionnaire, so you can rate my performance as a Drill Sergeant?" If your experience was not enjoyable please feel free to place your luggage back on the bus, so that we make ship you immediately back to MEPS."

Get the f*ck outta here.

Comment

It appears that the weed-out process is working.

Comment

ASVAB for Dummies.........The Guard is not looking for Dummies!

Comment

Who has an asvab for dummies book I can have, if you're not using it?

Comment

Working...
                    X