X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiter?

I spoke with a recruiter a little over a month ago and took the ASVAB, but I need to lose weight before I can join and get a few different medical documents. I haven't spoken with my recruiter since I got my ASVAB scores back and he hasn't responded to my emails. I emailed him a month ago with a few questions and never heard back. I decided not to try contacting him again right away since I still have a lot of work to do before joining anyway. I emailed him again yesterday, but have not yet received a response. I was hoping to set up an appointment to get a preliminary tape test to see where I stand with the body fat percentage as well as discuss the current job openings and the next few steps. Has anyone else had this problem with your recruiter? Should I try to find a different recruiter?
    Just looking for some advice. Thanks

Re: Recruiter?

Recruiters deal with dozens of people who do not meet standards, and never will. They don't want to waste their time on hopeless cases. Therefore, you want to distinguish yourself from those hopeless cases of people who think good thoughts, but never put the effort into meeting

You know where you need work. You can get a friend to tape you unofficially just to see where you are. Ideally, you'd be in a position where you didn't need to tape. When you find yourself meeting standards consistently, your recruiter will find new interest in you. And if not, there are others you can work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic5178 View Post
      I spoke with a recruiter a little over a month ago and took the ASVAB, but I need to lose weight before I can join and get a few different medical documents. I haven't spoken with my recruiter since I got my ASVAB scores back and he hasn't responded to my emails. I emailed him a month ago with a few questions and never heard back. I decided not to try contacting him again right away since I still have a lot of work to do before joining anyway. I emailed him again yesterday, but have not yet received a response. I was hoping to set up an appointment to get a preliminary tape test to see where I stand with the body fat percentage as well as discuss the current job openings and the next few steps. Has anyone else had this problem with your recruiter? Should I try to find a different recruiter?
      Just looking for some advice. Thanks
      Some recruiters don't even want to see you coming their way if you aren't good to go on site. I've listened to recruiters turn people down over the phone if the person on the other end didn't sound like a good investment. Yes--I've seen it happen. And I don't blame them. A recruiter can spend hundreds of hours just on one recruit. Imagine working with a dozen or more recruits at one time. You don't want to show up at basic training looking to get into shape. That's a good way to get your soul crushed. And if you also have medical issues, then I don't know what to tell you. Sure you can go to another recruiter but if I were you I wouldn't show up to your next recruiters doorstep out of shape and handful of medical problems that'll take somebody months to get you a waiver for IF they can get you a waiver. I'd seriously take a couple months to get into shape and get a clean bill of health from a doctor.
      Last edited by VICEROY06; April 16th, 2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

My medical records are for really old things, like I had tuberculosis when I was a child and I simply need the medical documents that state that I completed treatment. Unfortunately, it isn't something that I can get a clean bill of health from a doctor right now and not need the original medical documents. I don't have any medical problems now, I just have things that need to be fully documented before the Army will accept me. Apparently, since my parents didn't keep any of the documents, it is taking way longer than expected to get the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Nic5178 View Post
          My medical records are for really old things, like I had tuberculosis when I was a child and I simply need the medical documents that state that I completed treatment. Unfortunately, it isn't something that I can get a clean bill of health from a doctor right now and not need the original medical documents. I don't have any medical problems now, I just have things that need to be fully documented before the Army will accept me. Apparently, since my parents didn't keep any of the documents, it is taking way longer than expected to get the information.
          It's not just you.

Thousands of guys ask simple questions on here that can be answered very simply by using Google.

We're not saying we don't want to answer questions--It's just that many of these simple questions have been answered dozens of times. Chances are if you ask the question on Google you'll be redirected back to this National Guard forum anyway, which will save you a ton of time. You can simply click on the first entry that pops up instead of having to waste thousands of hours digging through old forum posts.

If you are currently in good health there is absolutely, positively no reason to tell a recruiter or anyone else about whatever happened to you during your childhood.

In order to circumvent any future attempt to partake of responsibility: This is not about any of us having any superior, unobtainable, military knowledge. It's as simple as this: If you can think of a question to ask, then you can foreshorten the length of the question and enter it in Google.

Comment

I am having a similar problem and I am not sure if I should disclose some things. The reason that I consider disclosing them is because I was using Tricare as my insurance (since my dad is retired Air Force) at the time. I feel like the military can and will easily find these things out. Other than that, I have to disclose that I had knee surgery because I have a scar from it. The surgery was 7 years ago and it doesn't cause me any problems anymore at all. Does anyone know what the chances are that I would need a waiver? If so, will I most likely get the waiver?
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Army101 View Post
              I am having a similar problem and I am not sure if I should disclose some things. The reason that I consider disclosing them is because I was using Tricare as my insurance (since my dad is retired Air Force) at the time. I feel like the military can and will easily find these things out. Other than that, I have to disclose that I had knee surgery because I have a scar from it. The surgery was 7 years ago and it doesn't cause me any problems anymore at all. Does anyone know what the chances are that I would need a waiver? If so, will I most likely get the waiver?
              Thanks
              Knee Surgery is not a show stopper unless you have screws and hardware. It will be a GMED waiver but it is one that usually comes back pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
                Knee Surgery is not a show stopper unless you have screws and hardware. It will be a GMED waiver but it is one that usually comes back pretty quick.
                No hardware or anything. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                X