X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to pursue my dreams.....

ever since i could remember national guard has been a dream of mine but now im 18 and a single parent to a 16 month old lil boy ....
    for the ones here with children how do you feel about your career affecting your family ?
    i look at it as a new beginning and a life for my son i may not get alot of time with him but one day he will understand mommy does this to keep him taken care of and so he will see that no matter who you are and what you been threw anything can happen never give up. alot can happen but don't let it set you back or prevent you from doing what is best for you and your family...

Re: trying to pursue my dreams.....

I think you'll find that family is the reason most of us are here....

Comment

+1. Your child missing you for weekend Drills is no different than a child with a traveling saleman parent. Now of course, your child can have the pride (when he is older) of knowing you serve. Good Luck.

Comment

We all Sacrifice something......its part of the gig, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Comment

wow it must be hard on u and im sorry to hear that but I hope u come home soon and I will say my prayers for u and ur family ok

Comment

Originally posted by Elismommy11 View Post
            ever since i could remember national guard has been a dream of mine but now im 18 and a single parent to a 16 month old lil boy ....
            for the ones here with children how do you feel about your career affecting your family ?
            i look at it as a new beginning and a life for my son i may not get alot of time with him but one day he will understand mommy does this to keep him taken care of and so he will see that no matter who you are and what you been threw anything can happen never give up. alot can happen but don't let it set you back or prevent you from doing what is best for you and your family...
            I hope u come home soon and I hope u come home safe but u and ur son will be in my prayers always ok

Comment

Don't worry too much about it. You're not going to be gone forever. You're initial time away will be a few months or more, one weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer. Its not that bad if you think about it.

I have 2 kids, a 3 year old and a 11 month. If I could, I would've joined when I was 18, now that I'm 27, I feel pretty old. Remember, you're doing this to benefit you and your family. Let that be the fuel to keep your fire burning. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
              X