Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to reenlist

Hello,
    I am wanting to reenlist in the Guard but have some issues. I am prior service and have completed 2 years active and 9 years in the NCARNG. I wanted to make it to 20 for retirement. I also have completed 2 full spectrum ops tours in Iraq. My rank at ets in Dec 2010 was E-6. My MOS was 19K30. I have been honorably discharged.
    Now to my problem. I had been convicted of a felony sex offense in 2012. It is a non violent offense. I had to register on the sex offender registry for 10 years. I am hoping to go through legal channels to be removed from that in the future. My questions are: Will I be able to reenlist with this kind of felony? If I can reenlist what kind of restrictions may I have on me? I want to reenlist into a different mos because the state I currently reside in does not have armor (a couple of the states around where I live do have armor if it would be better to stay in my current MOS). That being said would it be better to stay with my old MOS or try another? I was thinking about getting into aviation, helicopter mechanic. There is a local unit where I live that has UH-60s. What would be the requirements on schooling if I could reenlist? I already know I would have to take a voluntary redustion to E-5 for school. Thank you all for your time and service.

Re: Wanting to reenlist

Originally posted by jallan View Post
    Hello,
    I am wanting to reenlist in the Guard but have some issues. I am prior service and have completed 2 years active and 9 years in the NCARNG. I wanted to make it to 20 for retirement. I also have completed 2 full spectrum ops tours in Iraq. My rank at ets in Dec 2010 was E-6. My MOS was 19K30. I have been honorably discharged.
    Now to my problem. I had been convicted of a felony sex offense in 2012. It is a non violent offense. I had to register on the sex offender registry for 10 years. I am hoping to go through legal channels to be removed from that in the future. My questions are: Will I be able to reenlist with this kind of felony? If I can reenlist what kind of restrictions may I have on me? I want to reenlist into a different mos because the state I currently reside in does not have armor (a couple of the states around where I live do have armor if it would be better to stay in my current MOS). That being said would it be better to stay with my old MOS or try another? I was thinking about getting into aviation, helicopter mechanic. There is a local unit where I live that has UH-60s. What would be the requirements on schooling if I could reenlist? I already know I would have to take a voluntary redustion to E-5 for school. Thank you all for your time and service.
    Unless they start approving felony waivers again (we would need another war for that) your military career is permanently over.

Comment

Working...
    X