Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Pardon Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pardon

    I know the Army is not issuing waivers for drug use and possession even if they are expunged. What if I have a pardon from the Governor of my state?

  • #2
    Re: Pardon

    If you don't mind me asking...

    How in the _____ did you get a pardon from the Gov?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pardon

      Pardons on some things in some states are more common than you think. Sometimes, states use pardons the same as expungements.....just like in the army, everything the general signs isn't actually read by the general....anyways....

      To the op..it makes no difference...still a DQ

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pardon

        Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
        Pardons on some things in some states are more common than you think. Sometimes, states use pardons the same as expungements.....just like in the army, everything the general signs isn't actually read by the general....anyways....

        To the op..it makes no difference...still a DQ
        That's interesting here in UT getting a pardon from the Gov. is rare. It either has to be a high profile case or a mishandling of the case or you're in tight with some people of power.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pardon

          I don't mind. It is a LONG process. You get a lawyer first. They fill out an application. Send it in. Then you go in front of a board. If they approve then its off to the governor. I didn't actually do anything either. I was in a car with one of my high school friends. He had marijuna and cocaine in the car. Never touched the stuff but my moron lawyer said i don't have a chance to win the case so I should plea to possession of marijuna and use of cocaine. I took his advice like a good little 19 year old kid. 10 years later I still can't get in to the military. I have a concealed carry, and i am a paid on call fireman. Never got into trouble since. That may have had something to do with it

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Pardon

            Originally posted by SlowOne View Post
            That's interesting here in UT getting a pardon from the Gov. is rare. It either has to be a high profile case or a mishandling of the case or you're in tight with some people of power.
            I obviously can't speak for every state..but some rank a pardon higher or equal than an expungement...and in some a pardon in the only way. Traditionally the midwest/southern states are the hardest...but that's far from a steadfast rule.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Pardon

              Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
              Traditionally the midwest/southern states are the hardest...but that's far from a steadfast rule.
              Same situation here in UT its pro-mormon values make it extremely rare!

              Comment

              Working...
              X