X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Gaurd Body Fat Percentage

What is the body fat percentage to get into the National Gaurd? I weigh 250 and im 6'0 or 6'1. I'll be 16 on april 19th. Im a male. Im trying to join the gaurd next year. Help?

Re: National Gaurd Body Fat Percentage

Originally posted by nolyahj View Post
    What is the body fat percentage to get into the National Gaurd? I weigh 250 and im 6'0 or 6'1. I'll be 16 on april 19th. Im a male. Im trying to join the gaurd next year. Help?
    The standards get revised on a consistent basis. Currently, initial entry BMI is 24% in your age category. Once in you will need to adhere to the height/weight standards and maintain a 20% or better which for your height is roughly 190#'s max.

I'm just going off the top of my head, but others will chime in for clarification.
    Last edited by bai78; April 6th, 2013, 11:44 AM.

Comment

bai78 is correct, the entry body fat for a male between 17-21 is 24%. This is based on your neck and waist measurements. There are plenty of free apps out there you can use to enter your numbers and see where you are.

Comment

Here is an online calculator

http://www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html

Comment

Here is an online calculator

http://www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html

Comment

As a senior member "Chief Kemosabe" have a wonderful online calculator for the soldiers's weight.. height.. look and all about the soldiers and also about the female soldiers .. its really informative for me.. thanks for sharing this... i really like this..

Comment

Working...
            X