X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S citzen

Hi. do you have to be a u.s citzen to join a national guard? cause i only have work permit card and SSN. does that count to join? just curious.

Re: U.S citzen

You DO NOT need to be a U.S. Citizen to join. Per AR 601-210:

(2) Permanent resident aliens. Applicants must present their I–551 (Permanent Residence Card) showing that the
    person has been admitted to the United States for permanent residence. I–551 cards issued after 1989 are only valid for
    10 years and must be renewed. Applicants with expired cards keep their permanent residence status; however, they
    must apply for renewal of their permanent residence status I–551 card and must obtain verification in the form of an
    original receipt from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) indicating that the applicant has paid for
    an I–90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident) renewal application prior to enlistment. Applicant must have a
    valid I–551 Card prior to shipment to training. Any I–551 card with an expiration date within 6 months of accession
    date must be renewed and be valid for at least 6 months after the applicant’s accession date.

Comment

Re: U.S citzen

well i can't and wish i really was. i only have a work permit card and SSN

Comment

Working...
      X