Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will i get dqd at MEPS with multiple concussions and a head injury

Hi,

I am strongly considering enlisting in the army. I know this is a national guard website but i figured i would ask here. I have had 5 concussions in my lifetime and one fracture on my sinus wall (look it up) (head injury). I was wondering if i would be Dqd from meps or if i had a chance if i could get, say a neurologist to sign off and say that there arent lasting effec. Thank you.

Re: Will i get dqd at MEPS with multiple concussions and a head injury

Originally posted by wannabesoldier5 View Post
    Hi,

I am strongly considering enlisting in the army. I know this is a national guard website but i figured i would ask here. I have had 5 concussions in my lifetime and one fracture on my sinus wall (look it up) (head injury). I was wondering if i would be Dqd from meps or if i had a chance if i could get, say a neurologist to sign off and say that there arent lasting effec. Thank you.
    You're going to get varying opinions on this. Most will probably more than likely lean towards not just no but hell no. With the military draw downs, sequestration, lay-offs, freeze on certain waivers etc. it does sound doubtful. HOWEVER, no one on this discussion board can predict with 100% accuracy what your outcome will be. With that being said, best thing to do is to find a doctor to sign off saying that you have no lasting effects from your injuries. The next step, if you can get a clean bill of health from a doc, is to take your results with you, find a recruiter and state your case.

Comment

Working...
    X