X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing info on ged plus program

I know all the basics for the ged plus program, but the main problem is the recruiting part. For some reason when i would talk to a recruiter about the program,they never seem to know nothing about it. Is there someone who i can to talk about joining the national guard ged plus program?? If so, any bit of information can be very helpful to me. Its very important to me.

Re: Needing info on ged plus program

its my understanding that the GED plus programs are being shut down, but the info we've been getting varies by state. We have another recruit on here named ***** who actually had it dropped from his contract and has been forced to complete his ged elsewhere. The patriot Academy recently closed its door a few months ago as well.
    Last edited by SF Hunter; April 4th, 2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: PID

Comment

GED Plus program is no longer available. Go get 14 college credits.

Comment

My recruiter told me that they stopped doing the GED Plus Program. You should ask your recruiter if he knows about another program the guard has for you to get your GED. I live in Fall River Ma. and since your from Ma. too they probably have it. What I did with my recruiter was that there is a high school in North Berwick Maine that has an adult education center that works with the guard to help you get your GED. My recruiter drove me and someone else up there to get it. We had to go up there on two different days because the first day you take a bunch of practice tests and on the second time we went up there I took the actual GED test. The only thing that I had to do though was pay $75 to take the test because the guard doesn't pay for it. I just took the test on tuesday so i'm pretty sure that the program is still going on. They mail the GED to your house and it takes 2-4 weeks to get it. I already taken the ASVAB test and when my GED comes in, my recruiter is going to take me to MEPS to take my physical and swear in. Sorry for the long post but I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal View Post
          its my understanding that the GED plus programs are being shut down, but the info we've been getting varies by state. We have another recruit on here named ***** who actually had it dropped from his contract and has been forced to complete his ged elsewhere. The patriot Academy recently closed its door a few months ago as well.
          It's bad juju to be posting PID on the forum, especially if it is not you. I suggest you edit your post accordingly.
          Last edited by SF Hunter; April 4th, 2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: PID

Comment

Working...
          X