X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it okay that i don't work out?

I don't go to the gym but I do cardio. I am not entirely fit but I really want to join. Badly. What should I do? I want to be fit enough.

Re: is it okay that i don't work out?

You'll have to meet the physical requirements one way or another. You don't have to go to a gym for resistance training. There are plenty of options utilizing your own body weight.

You'll have a better time if you can score better than just 60 points per event on your APFT.

My 2
    Last edited by bai78; March 30th, 2013, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bai78 View Post
      My .02
      Only two hundredths of a cent?

Comment

this ^

look up the army physical fitness test scores. If you can meet at least the minimum test scores for pushups, run, and situps for your gender and age bracket then you should be prepared for basic training.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
          Only two hundredths of a cent?
          Corrected.....besides it's an online forum, take it for what it's worth.

Comment

You should work out.. I didn't do squat before I went to basic. They will get you in shape. But will be a lil harder if your outa shape. Just be able to pass the part just when you get to reception which isn't hard.

uam

Comment

Whats your age, height and weight?

Comment

At a minimum, just practice pushups and situps.

Comment

Originally posted by Usarmymi View Post
                  You should work out.. I didn't do squat before I went to basic. They will get you in shape. But will be a lil harder if your outa shape. Just be able to pass the part just when you get to reception which isn't hard.

uam
                  This. BCT is NOT the place to try and get in to shape. They have this little place at Reception Battalion for remedial PT, i.e. Fat Camp. You get sent there if you can't pass your APFT after several attempts. It's like ground hog day and will keep you there much longer than you would be if you just made it through BCT the first go-round with no stops. You don't want to be that guy or gal.

Comment

Working...
                  X