Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MEPS

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
    Lead by example huh! Is any state taking soldiers with 31s right now?

My advice stands.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
      I scored over 9000
      I scored a 94 but my buddy, Chuck Norris, roundhouse kicked the administrator and he gave me a 99.

Comment

Mr. T says he pities the fool that scores less than 99.

Comment

I had a 93 AFQT. I was sitting waiting on results from the AFAST with another guy and he was bragging about his 99 AFQT. I felt bad for a minute...until the AFAST scores came back. He had a 130 and I got a 149. That made my frown turn upside down. Eat it, guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
            Lead by example huh! Is any state taking soldiers with 31s right now?

My advice stands.
            Absolutely. For many States a 31 AFQT is eligible for enlistment.

My knowledge and experience stands.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
              You may have misunderstood your recruiter. You have a year from the time you're sworn in to get MOS qualified, which means you will have chosen your ship date, shipped off, successfully passed BCT and AIT or OSUT, and graduated BEFORE your 12 month timeframe is up.
              Unless you know what you're talking about, please stop with this advice.

You DO have 365 days to ship to BCT but typically there aren't ship dates beyond 4-6 months. You MUST be MOS Qualified within 24 months of enlistment, but even that has wiggle room. As of today, there are no ship dates available for FY 14 first quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
                You may have misunderstood your recruiter. You have a year from the time you're sworn in to get MOS qualified, which means you will have chosen your ship date, shipped off, successfully passed BCT and AIT or OSUT, and graduated BEFORE your 12 month timeframe is up.
                Does this apply across all MOSs? I ask because I enlisted on 20130117, ship next week then have 10.5 weeks of BCT then 29 weeks of AIT. I have an estimated MOSQ date of EOM Jan 2014 which will put me just past that 12 month mark. I've also heard there is a good chance my classes may get delayed in AIT which will push out my MOSQ date even further.
                Thanks.

Comment

You're fine. As long as you're MOSQ within 24 months of enlistment, you have nothing to worry about.

Best of luck and enjoy the ride!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
                    Unless you know what you're talking about, please stop with this advice.

You DO have 365 days to ship to BCT but typically there aren't ship dates beyond 4-6 months. You MUST be MOS Qualified within 24 months of enlistment, but even that has wiggle room. As of today, there are no ship dates available for FY 14 first quarter.

Not only do I know what I'm talking about I've already been through the process. There was a problem with the server and I couldn't finish my original edit in this thread. If soldiers only have 12 months from swearing in to be MOS qualified, then what about split option soldiers like me that had to sit in green phase in RSP for several months after graduating BCT the prior year, so I could ship to AIT?
                    Last edited by VICEROY06; April 6th, 2013, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Please read the posts above. You DO NOT need to be MOS Qualified within 12 months. You are supposed to be MOSQ within 24 months but there can be exceptions to policy made.

Not sure where the confusion here is.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraBravo View Post
                        Does this apply across all MOSs? I ask because I enlisted on 20130117, ship next week then have 10.5 weeks of BCT then 29 weeks of AIT. I have an estimated MOSQ date of EOM Jan 2014 which will put me just past that 12 month mark. I've also heard there is a good chance my classes may get delayed in AIT which will push out my MOSQ date even further.
                        Thanks.
                        This was what I was trying to get at but I got cut-off before I could complete my edit. The estimated time you have from the time you're sworn in to the time you're MOS q'd and actually completing everything within that timeframe are two different things. The time you sit in reception, and the time you may lose in BCT and/or AIT due to whatever issues like injuries, scheduling conflicts in the battalion could extend your time. Being split option could make matters worse. In my case I had to change to split option because of an ankle injury that would have put me too far into the school year before finishing OSUT. After swearing in 20101221 instead of finishing OSUT over the summer of 2011, I graduated BCT in 20110718 and sat in RSP until May 2012 and shipped to AIT on 20120509. However, issues at the battalion caused me to sit in reception for nearly two months. With that being said, I wouldn't wait for nearly a year to choose a ship date because unforeseen issues could push you past the that 12 month period beyond that first year.
                        Last edited by VICEROY06; April 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I got a 67 and I'm 17 on my first time

Comment

Iwant to join the Army National Guard and I made a 24 so know I have to wait 6 months to take the ASVAB again but I know I will pass it this time I just have to keep studying.

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Whited View Post
                              Iwant to join the Army National Guard and I made a 24 so know I have to wait 6 months to take the ASVAB again but I know I will pass it this time I just have to keep studying.
                              This is the best guide to use:

Click image for larger version

Name:	d05b45924e1b371a36f25443dd204883.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	398
                              Last edited by VICEROY06; April 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                                I scored over 9000
                                Best comment

Comment

Working...
                                X