X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS

I was wondering when I would go to MEPS? I haven't signed up yet but how long after I sign up would I be sent to MEPS?

Re: MEPS

Once you and your recuirter fill out all the paper work and he determines you are an eligable candidate he will book you a date to go take the ASVAB and Physiacal and hopefully swear in the same day at MEPS. Makes for a long day.

Comment

Originally posted by hastingskah View Post
      Once you and your recuirter fill out all the paper work and he determines you are an eligable candidate he will book you a date to go take the ASVAB and Physiacal and hopefully swear in the same day at MEPS. Makes for a long day.
      Probably going to be a two day deal.

Once you have all your proper paperwork filled out with all your other documentation (Birth Cert, HS Diploma/GED/College Transcrips ect) you'll get sent. If the first day you get sent in the afternoon, you'll probably do all your testing then maybe a few things in medical then get sent to a hotel for the night. 2nd day you should be able to finish everything and swear in IF everything goes well.

Comment

Is it possible to finish in one day, sure. Assuming all went well you could do a physical in the morning, eat lunch, take your ASVAB/TAPAS, sign a contract, and swear in at the last ceremony of the day.

It's highly unlikely though due to an array of things that arise during the process. It could be something as simple as not being ready to provide a UA sample when it's your turn.....bam 30 minutes or so gone, eye exam taking longer, interview taking longer, weighin & ortho taking longer because you are being assessed with 10 other applicants.

This is just for males....who knows what else is in store for the females!

Comment

Originally posted by bai78 View Post
          Is it possible to finish in one day, sure. Assuming all went well you could do a physical in the morning, eat lunch, take your ASVAB/TAPAS, sign a contract, and swear in at the last ceremony of the day.

It's highly unlikely though due to an array of things that arise during the process. It could be something as simple as not being ready to provide a UA sample when it's your turn.....bam 30 minutes or so gone, eye exam taking longer, interview taking longer, weighin & ortho taking longer because you are being assessed with 10 other applicants.

This is just for males....who knows what else is in store for the females!
          No. If you want to do a one-day (I did; I had a job and didn't want to miss 2 days for MEPS), see if your recruiter is willing to let you take the ASVAB at an alternate test site. I had to drive about an hour to mine, but I took it there, he put in the rest of the paperwork, and the next week, I got up at 0300 to drive 2 hours to MEPS, spent all day there doing MEPS-type stuff, and was in the 2nd-to-last group to swear in. In hindsight, it really would have been easier and less stressful to just go for the two days, but I was stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
            No. If you want to do a one-day (I did; I had a job and didn't want to miss 2 days for MEPS), see if your recruiter is willing to let you take the ASVAB at an alternate test site. I had to drive about an hour to mine, but I took it there, he put in the rest of the paperwork, and the next week, I got up at 0300 to drive 2 hours to MEPS, spent all day there doing MEPS-type stuff, and was in the 2nd-to-last group to swear in. In hindsight, it really would have been easier and less stressful to just go for the two days, but I was stubborn.
            I was fortunate to have days off in the middle of the week as well as a MEPS within 20 miles from my home. I ended up spreading my MEPS visits over three weeks....initial ASVAB/TAPAS, next DLAB, & finally the physical the next day. I literally was the last to swear in for the day with 3 others.

Comment

I am 17 and wanting to join the Guard but I have to pass the Asvab first and I have to wait 6 months before I can take it again the highest score I received was a 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Whited View Post
                I am 17 and wanting to join the Guard but I have to pass the Asvab first and I have to wait 6 months before I can take it again the highest score I received was a 24.
                Holy Jesus.

I made a 30 when I was 17.

But I did it by making pretty little patterns with the scantron dots.

Never even opened the test booklet.

Comment

I made a 98 after college and a few graduate courses...83 when I was a wee lad.

The ASVAB is a lot of fun....24 is really low.

I would think reading is essential for someone with a low score to raise it up to a 50. Read everything....news papers, magazines, religious texts.....go to the library check out something that interests you. Read all of Chaplain4me's 2000+ posts....just some suggestions to consider.

Comment

Suddenly this thread will turn into an AFQT bragging thread.

Feel free to post what you scored to make others feel less about themselves. I've enlisted plenty of good soldiers that scored a 31.

Comment

I recently talked with a recruiter and she said from the day you sign your papers you have one year from that day to pick your ship date in that timeline. If I were to sign on 4-5-13 I could chose 4-4-14 as my ship date. At least that is how it was explained to me.

Comment

I went to MEPS four times all spread out over about a years time.

First time was for the ASVAB/TAPAS testing.
                        Second time was for medical/physical testing.
                        Third time was for a medical second opinion by a doctor chosen by MEPS on my knee.
                        Fourth time was for an inspect (height and weight) check.
                        After my inspect was complete I headed to the National Guard HQ in Utah to sign my contract and swear in.

From my understanding your ASVAB and your physical results are good for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
                          Suddenly this thread will turn into an AFQT bragging thread.

Feel free to post what you scored to make others feel less about themselves. I've enlisted plenty of good soldiers that scored a 31.
                          Lead by example huh! Is any state taking soldiers with 31s right now?

My advice stands.

Comment

I scored over 9000

Comment

Originally posted by klynnn16 View Post
                              I recently talked with a recruiter and she said from the day you sign your papers you have one year from that day to pick your ship date in that timeline. If I were to sign on 4-5-13 I could chose 4-4-14 as my ship date. At least that is how it was explained to me.
                              You may have misunderstood your recruiter. You have a year from the time you're sworn in to get MOS qualified, which means you will have chosen your ship date, shipped off, successfully passed BCT and AIT or OSUT, and graduated BEFORE your 12 month timeframe is up.
                              Last edited by VICEROY06; April 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X