X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlistment with criminal history help

I am trying to figure out if i am eligible to apply into the Texas Army Guard.

The part that is fuzzy that I don't want to ask my recruiter about is my arrest history.

I was arrested for DUI in Dec 2005 and it was dismissed for not having enough information. (Reason I was pulled over was for no front license plate on my truck.)

and

I was arrested for a house party in Jan 2007 (college) for providing to minors. This was also dismissed because the woman that were under age were actually never at the house party.

So i have no traffic tickets no convictions just two 2 arrests that were dismissed.

Please any help on this would be great. Like the military code number so I can do some research on the topic.

Re: enlistment with criminal history help

Originally posted by rex View Post
    I am trying to figure out if i am eligible to apply into the Texas Army Guard.

The part that is fuzzy that I don't want to ask my recruiter about is my arrest history.

I was arrested for DUI in Dec 2005 and it was dismissed for not having enough information. (Reason I was pulled over was for no front license plate on my truck.)

and

I was arrested for a house party in Jan 2007 (college) for providing to minors. This was also dismissed because the woman that were under age were actually never at the house party.

So i have no traffic tickets no convictions just two 2 arrests that were dismissed.

Please any help on this would be great. Like the military code number so I can do some research on the topic.
    Generally, if the charges were dismissed WITHOUT prejudice (meaning no deferred prosecution, no work at the soup kitchen and well drop it, no fines) then the military couldn't care less if it was a murder charge. If you fall into one of those conditional dismissal areas, then you most likely will have a problem. The military still views those conditional areas as a conviction for enlistment purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      Generally, if the charges were dismissed WITHOUT prejudice (meaning no deferred prosecution, no work at the soup kitchen and well drop it, no fines) then the military couldn't care less if it was a murder charge. If you fall into one of those conditional dismissal areas, then you most likely will have a problem. The military still views those conditional areas as a conviction for enlistment purposes.
      Thanks for the information. So I should still let them know about the arrest history instead of concealing it from them?

Comment

Originally posted by rex View Post
        Thanks for the information. So I should still let them know about the arrest history instead of concealing it from them?
        Concealing it usually doesn't get you very far unless you know what you are doing (how the system works). If they were really dismissed without prejudice its not going to get into the way of anything.

Comment

I always thought as long as you have no felonies your fine and just need a waiver. When I joined I had 2 misdemenors on my record and just got a waiver. Shoplifting when I was 16 and pot when I was 18.

Usarmymi

Comment

Originally posted by Usarmymi View Post
            I always thought as long as you have no felonies your fine and just need a waiver. When I joined I had 2 misdemenors on my record and just got a waiver. Shoplifting when I was 16 and pot when I was 18.

Usarmymi
            As the needs of the force change, the requirements change. If we need more people we are more forgiving. If we don't need people it can be hard to get in with even traffic tickets; convictions that is. You would not be able to get in today if you tried with those charges.

Comment

Working...
            X