X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swearing-in Contract Details

Greetings all! I have been poking around the forum for a few weeks now and finally joined! I will post an intro thread and link it after I post this. Just got off the phone w/my recruiter and my Federal OCS slot is reserved! I go down in the first week of April to sign my contract. Here comes my questions...

My recruiter said:

1 I will going in as 09S, for FedOCS at Ft Benning GA. My understanding from reading this forum and talking with him is that I will not receive an officer commision bonus, nor will i receive a sign-on bonus.

2 Not sure if I will/should recieve the GI kicker or if I am eligable as an OC.

3 Lastly, my recruiter said that I get paid as an E-4 at BCT. That makes sense with what I have read so far.

4 He also said (and here is where I need help) that at OCS-keep in mind im going the federal track- I will get paid as an E-6...I just recently read on this forum that you only get E-6 pay at AOCS...where as federal OCS is E-5 pay. I dont want to call him a liar because he seems somewhat certain...

For some reason, the other question I had escapes me at this time...

Before I sign my contract, where if anywhere will these be listed? Will the person I sign the contract in front of direct me to all the 'promises' made or will I be SOL. Just looking for a little advice/wisdom from those who have done this before

Look for my intro post soon,

Hawks

Re: Swearing-in Contract Details

You'll have time to review the terms & verbiage. Don't feel pressured or rushed if you are unsure. I've only seen a couple of contracts and they were a "standardized" form. The "addendum" pages are where you will see any "promises" such as entry rank, job code, bonuses, incentives (MGIB Kicker), etc. Of course with these "line items" you will have a separate form detailing the terms & conditions.

This is my little 2, others will chime in that have more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks View Post
      I dont want to call him a liar because he seems somewhat certain...
      You get paid as an E-4 at BCT and E-5 at FOCS.

Comment

Originally posted by enceladus View Post
        You get paid as an E-4 at BCT and E-5 at FOCS.
        And I take it the "fine print" with the promises will show that?

What is the pay during branch training? O1?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks View Post
          And I take it the "fine print" with the promises will show that?

What is the pay during branch training? O1?
          Yes, you'll commission at the end of OCS, and be a 2nd Lieutenant, making O-1 pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
            Yes, you'll commission at the end of OCS, and be a 2nd Lieutenant, making O-1 pay.
            Outstanding.

Comment

Working...
            X