X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In high school, junior this year, and I have a question about acceptance

I have heard from a lot of people about how they tried to join the National Guard but they were denied acceptance. There have been many different reasons I have heard. Is it hard to enlist nowadays? If you have one thing wrong could you be denied acceptance?
    I'd like to know some reasons you could be denied, except for the obvious ones like criminal record, history of drug abouse, etc..

Re: In high school, junior this year, and I have a question about acceptance

Originally posted by Many questions View Post
    I have heard from a lot of people about how they tried to join the National Guard but they were denied acceptance. There have been many different reasons I have heard. Is it hard to enlist nowadays? If you have one thing wrong could you be denied acceptance?
    I'd like to know some reasons you could be denied, except for the obvious ones like criminal record, history of drug abouse, etc..
    If you're not 6'3" and blond with six pack abs and able to bench 315 you're not getting in, period.

Seriously, it's really just what you said, with the addition of medical disqualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
      If you're not 6'3" and blond with six pack abs and able to bench 315 you're not getting in, period.

Seriously, it's really just what you said, with the addition of medical disqualifications.
      You forgot to say that you need to be blue-eyed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        You forgot to say that you need to be blue-eyed as well.
        That goes without saying. Don't forget the 160 GT score.

Comment

Some of the more common reasons for disqualification are, medically, asthma, certain allergies, ADD/ADHD. Physically, being overweight is a very common one with youth today. The two others are being unable to pass the ASVAB or having a criminal record, marijuana possession for example.

Comment

Im 16 currently, i weigh 111, can run 2 miles in 16 mins, do 40 sit ups in a min, and do 20 push ups in a minute. Never been arrested and nothing medically wrong or abnormal

Comment

Im 16 currently, i weigh 111, can run 2 miles in 16 mins, do 40 sit ups in a min, and do 20 push ups in a minute. Never been arrested and nothing medically wrong or abnormal
              Without knowing your height, you seem to be a tad underweight actually, which would DQ you.

In addition, your PT scores aren't *bad* but you are not at passing for your age group. You need to shave off time on your run and work on your push-ups... and it sounds like (to me) that you have Sponge Bob arms which suck for push ups. Go lift some weights, do cardio and eat a burger.

Comment

I sincerely hope you're a girl.

Comment

I'm 5' 5", and I am a girl. I read somewhere theyre more worried about overweight people than underweight people. The weight calculator said for when im 17 amd for my height i need to weigh 114. I only need to gain 3 pounds.

Comment

I'm 5' 5", and I am a girl. I read somewhere theyre more worried about overweight people than underweight people. The weight calculator said for when im 17 amd for my height i need to weigh 114. I only need to gain 3 pounds.
                    Start doing squats. Legs weigh more than arms. Being that you fall under the female scoring table, you'd do fine on your APFT. Just don't slack off exercising with the intention of gaining weight. Squats, squats, squats.

Comment

Working...
                    X