X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASVAB question

When taking the ASVAB what if you have no experience in mechanics or the other areas? will that effect joining ?

Re: ASVAB question

Originally posted by Matt McConnell View Post
    When taking the ASVAB what if you have no experience in mechanics or the other areas? will that effect joining ?
    IRRELEVANT.

Go to Books-A-Million and get yourself this study guide: Click image for larger version

Name:	5fb0bf08f34f19885e1149f74902c3b5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	389

Take an hour out of every evening and study every section. Pay particular attention to the Math sections.

Take the practice tests at the end of the sections.

Even if you feel you have mastered a section it doesn't hurt to go over it AGAIN.

Don't make any lame excuses like: 'My dog died and I was too distracted to study' or 'My girlfriend/boyfriend has been getting on my nerves lately' or any garbage like that. Make the effort to take the time and STUDY.
    Last edited by VICEROY06; March 13th, 2013, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Matt, your ASVAB results are broken down into what are known as line scores. Essentially a separate score for each subject area. The QT can be thought of as an overall score expressed as a percentage in relation to the entire population taking the exam. Enlisting requires a minimum overall score, and then specific jobs require a minimum combination of line scores. Obviously some jobs are "easier" to meet the minimum than others. A high enough QT will force all the individual line scores up high enough that you will essentially qualify for anything based on ASVAB performance. Typically a QT higher than 70 will produce line scores of that nature. I would stay study is required based on your background and general academic performance. Many people don't study for the ASVAB and do very well. This isn't the SAT, GRE or MCATs after all. Reviewing a book like Viceroy recommended can't be a bad idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
        Matt, your ASVAB results are broken down into what are known as line scores. Essentially a separate score for each subject area. The QT can be thought of as an overall score expressed as a percentage in relation to the entire population taking the exam. Enlisting requires a minimum overall score, and then specific jobs require a minimum combination of line scores. Obviously some jobs are "easier" to meet the minimum than others. A high enough QT will force all the individual line scores up high enough that you will essentially qualify for anything based on ASVAB performance. Typically a QT higher than 70 will produce line scores of that nature. I would stay study is required based on your background and general academic performance. Many people don't study for the ASVAB and do very well. This isn't the SAT, GRE or MCATs after all. Reviewing a book like Viceroy recommended can't be a bad idea though.

I missed the GT score by 3 lousy points. If I had studied before taking the ASVAB 2 years ago, I would be a commissioned officer now instead of just starting AOCS this summer.

Comment

Working...
        X