X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS Need Waiver for Blood Glucose

I am PS and over 40. I was approved to go to MEPS and did the over 40 physical which included blood labs. I passed everything (including duck walk & the not so pleasant test done to us old guys). All was good except...I indicated on my med form that I took blood pressure medication many years ago. AND, my blood labs came back all good except I was one point above on blood glucose. I apparently got a "3" on my physical for those two things. I have had labs done with a private Dr. and was all normal, including glucose. Furthermore, I have two letters from Drs that I am not on any blood pressure meds and have had 3 BP tests in Dec. and 3 BP tests in Jan. All were good.
    What's the best thing to do now? What's the chance of a waiver? Should I ask for a review with GA state HQ? Please advise.

Re: MEPS Need Waiver for Blood Glucose

Have you shown these Doctor's notes to your recruiter? I would ask them if a second visit to MEPS is out of the question. They will also be able to direct you on how to get a waiver going if one is needed.

Comment

Re: MEPS Need Waiver for Blood Glucose

Thanks for the reply. My recruiter is saying since I am dq for this, there isn't anything I can do. Although the letter from MEPS had a memo attached that said in part, "Feel free to submit any findings and/or clearance letters to your recruiter."

Comment

Working...
      X