Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uniform

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Uniform

    The day you swear in what do you get? When do you receive your uniforms? and which ones do you get? I was also wondering what do you wear to the weekend training sessions?

  • #2
    Re: Uniform

    Originally posted by walterpayton View Post
    The day you swear in what do you get? When do you receive your uniforms? and which ones do you get? I was also wondering what do you wear to the weekend training sessions?
    The day you swear in, you get nothing. You do that at MEPS.

    At your first drill you will get several things, depending on how much money your RSP location has and how well outfitted they are with uniforms.
    Your very first drill you will show up in civilian exercise clothes. That drill you will be issued blue windsuit type outfit to put on right away (blueberries). If your drill location has them you will also be issued your uniform(ACU's) and your physical training uniform(APFU's). From that drill on you will show up in your APFU's unless instructed otherwise. Depending on what your drill has you do, at some point you will change into ACU's.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Uniform

      so it just depends on your location to when you get your uniform. and my cousin is in the active duty army and has a formal dress uniform. Do the reserves also get that or is that only for active duty?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Uniform

        Originally posted by walterpayton View Post
        so it just depends on your location to when you get your uniform. and my cousin is in the active duty army and has a formal dress uniform. Do the reserves also get that or is that only for active duty?
        Your unit will issue the normal uniforms to you ASAP sometimes they have to order more or they aren't available due to a lack of money. You will get your formal dress uniform at basic. You will also get some extra sets of ACU's

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Uniform

          To add a little more info, for a many states it depends on how much time you have before you ship to BCT. If your showing up for one drill and then off to BCT your state may not give you anything because you will get it all when you arrive at BCT. However, if you have several months of drills prior to shipping to BCT then if the state has the funds you will get a workout uniform and one set of ACU's.

          The dress uniform will come from BCT. When your a few weeks from graduation they will take you down to the clothing center (where you will have recieved all of your gear when you first show up to BCT) and they will fit you for a dress uniform. No reason to do it any earlier because you won't weigh the same or even be the same shape as when you first arrived.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Uniform

            So when do you get the Class A's?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Uniform

              Originally posted by JROTCC/CorporalBrown View Post
              So when do you get the Class A's?
              Never...they don't have Class A's anymore.

              ROTC - depends...if you are a contracted cadet, if you need them, etc..

              ASUs at basic training; they are fitted to you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Uniform

                Don't lose your ASUs either...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Uniform

                  We got some really jazzy made in China, wind-breakers when I was in RSP....hahaha.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Uniform

                    A lot of states have some sort of RSP PT gear. Which is funny since 99% will only be worn a few times. Once you get back from BCT you won't ever wear them again, it will be standard Army PT uniform when you drill with a unit and who wants to wear RSP gear when you PT on your own.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Uniform

                      Originally posted by Portree228 View Post
                      A lot of states have some sort of RSP PT gear. Which is funny since 99% will only be worn a few times. Once you get back from BCT you won't ever wear them again, it will be standard Army PT uniform when you drill with a unit and who wants to wear RSP gear when you PT on your own.
                      Although the RSP PT gear I got (NC if it matters) is more underarmour like than t-shirt like, which is kinda nice on occasion. I got issued long-and short-sleeve shirts, shorts and long pants, as well as a wind-breaker. Then again, I have worn it like 2x since I left RSP (2 years ago).
                      Last edited by PALINATHAS; February 13th, 2013, 04:58 PM. Reason: Full Disclosure on use since RSP

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Uniform

                        Originally posted by PALINATHAS View Post
                        Although the RSP PT gear I got (NC if it matters) is more underarmour like than t-shirt like, which is kinda nice on occasion. I got issued long-and short-sleeve shirts, shorts and long pants, as well as a wind-breaker. Then again, I have worn it like 2x since I left RSP (2 years ago).
                        Wow you guys have it made. Our stuff was so tight and cut improperly so that it didn't fit or wear well. But boy was I proud to wear such a inexpensive, rubber like outfit.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Uniform

                          Haha I remember the rsp made in chine stuff....wearing that windsuit for the first time made me feel like Rocky! Looking back on it though there really is no point to those things

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Uniform

                            Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                            Wow you guys have it made. Our stuff was so tight and cut improperly so that it didn't fit or wear well. But boy was I proud to wear such a inexpensive, rubber like outfit.
                            The stuff I got was all extra large and im a size small. At least my ACU's fit right...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Uniform

                              Anyway, I am tired of seeing uniforms. Had another COC today and another one tomorrow.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X