• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Record Question

I was wondering what my chances are with enlisting with this record:
    MIP at 17 -- alcohol
    Furnishing at 17 -- gave a friend prescription Ibuprofen
    DUI in October (I'm 20) that got dropped -- I paid 0 fines

I know my DUI is very recent, and I know this greatly reduces my chances. Is it worth a shot/Do I qualify for any waivers? I'm going to try talking to a recruiter but I thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks
    Last edited by ghostface; February 7th, 2013, 02:44 AM.

Re: Criminal Record Question

Waivers for DUI's are difficult if not impossible to get at this point due to the strict enlistment environment. Your drug related conviction, as well, is a no go. There's a currently suspension on any drug related convictions; this includes controlled substances. Talk to your recruiter to confirm your eligibility.

Comment

What if your first charge ever as an adult was Possession of Paraphernalia, Could you still enlist?

Comment

Rycass, apparently yours - and the other million answers to posts in relation to drug related charges and the same answer of "Your drug related conviction is a no go" are just not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
          Rycass, apparently yours - and the other million answers to posts in relation to drug related charges and the same answer of "Your drug related conviction is a no go" are just not enough.
          LOL. Well, they are nothing if not persistent.

VMontgomery, at this time, any drug related offenses would leave you ineligible to enlist as all waivers of this kind are currently suspended.

Comment

Working...
          X