X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlistment help

Hey there everyone. I was hoping to get brainstorming help on getting into the NG. I've been talking with a Recruiter but seemingly unattainable waivers would be needed. First off let me tell the whole story.

Back in 2010 I was driving with a "friend" and we got pulled over, he had Marijuana on him and the Officer smelled it. Now he told me that if he were caught with it he'd be hauled off to jail. I foolishly trusted him and since I had a clean record I took the blame for it, seeing how it was my car anyway. Needless to say that was the biggest mistake of my life, but that's besides the point. So i got a misdemeanor possession charge. I've already taken care of everything I had to do for the courts and the case is now closed.

Later that year I went to a NG Recruiter to try and enlist, he told me the chance was slim to none of getting it. So I took a friends advice and wrote my Congressman (I live in Washington by the way). The Congressman wrote back saying he would help, and put me in contact with a Lt. Col. who told me a waiver wouldn't be a problem and to go back to my Recruiter.

So I was happy as a clam and went back to the Recruiter, who informed me that I shouldn't have written to the Congressman and now he had been chewed out by his superiors. I then had to talk to his boss who decided to transfer me to a different Recruiter closer to where I lived. After that I had to start the process all over again and right before I was to go to MEPS there was a change in regulation that instantly disqualified me from joining.

Now I check in with my Recruiter every month waiting to see if there is a change in regulation so that I can enlist. I've looked into expunging my record but from what I've read it wouldn't help one bit. If anyone has any suggestions or help they can offer I'd be extremely grateful.

Sorry for the wall of text, I hope it doesn't hurt the eyes too much haha.

Re: Enlistment help

Sorry, I have no advice for you other than to say to keep in contact with your recruiter. Waivers for drug related offenses are suspended across the board, so it's just a matter of waiting to see when they will be lifted.

Comment

Some states have defense forces, that do some cool training. Our state's DF used to be a real joke...but they've come a long and are a real part of the team....something worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
        Some states have defense forces, that do some cool training. Our state's DF used to be a real joke...but they've come a long and are a real part of the team....something worth looking into.
        Great suggestion! There really is more than one way to serve your country.
        Last edited by RyCass; February 8th, 2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys. Ill definitely look into that, and keep checking in with my Recruiter.

Keep those fingers crossed that the regulation changes soon!

Comment

Some defense forces get paid when they are activated.

Comment

Working...
            X