Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Tape

What is the proper way of taping?

When my recruiter taped me, my waist (above belly button all the way around) was 38in (24% @ age 27).

When I went to MEPS, first person taped me @ 39.5 (right at belly botton all the way around.)

He wanted a 2nd opinion so another guy came in and taped me. It went from my lower back to above my belly bottom. Came to 40in (28%). HUH?!?

So first guy went with 2nd guy's measurements and I was TDQ'd (Need 26%). I have to go back in on 20130304.

So I'm curious, what is the proper way to tape? I can't seem to find any info on how to properly tape.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Making Tape

http://550cord.com/army-weight-contr...dy-fat.asp#fb7

Comment

Thanks!

If this is correct, I got measured wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by YANG View Post
        What is the proper way of taping?

When my recruiter taped me, my waist (above belly button all the way around) was 38in (24% @ age 27).

When I went to MEPS, first person taped me @ 39.5 (right at belly botton all the way around.)

He wanted a 2nd opinion so another guy came in and taped me. It went from my lower back to above my belly bottom. Came to 40in (28%).
        HUH?!?

So first guy went with 2nd guy's measurements and I was TDQ'd (Need 26%). I have to go back in on 20130304.

So I'm curious, what is the proper way to tape? I can't seem to find any info on how to properly tape.

Any help is appreciated.
        A half of an inch isn't that big of a difference as the measurements are rounded up/down. From what you describe it was done correctly. This why units are discouraged from sending Soldiers to schools when they are that close on their tape.

If it was more then an inch difference, then there is something wrong or if there was more then an inch difference between the three measurements.

Comment

To find the exact way the National Guard gets your measurements, I would recommend checking out AR 600-9, specifically Appendix B, pg 15.

Comment

Working...
          X