X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LRSD question (enlistment)

If i join the NG, i would like to be in an LRSD. Can I get this in my contract guaranteed? Or how would I go about doing this?

Re: LRSD question (enlistment)

Does your state even have an LRS unit?

Comment

Originally posted by miles1 View Post
      If i join the NG, i would like to be in an LRSD. Can I get this in my contract guaranteed? Or how would I go about doing this?
      It's my understanding that to get placed into a LRS unit, you have to "try out". Meaning, it's not something that can be guaranteed.

Comment

At MEPS I was offered a spot in the LRS unit here in Georgia. Apparently they were in need of a 25C (Radio Operator Maintainer). The spot required Airborne school, which peaked my interests, all I had to do was sign the contract. It was very tempting and I spent over an hour considering it but in the end I went a different route so that I would get the MOS I wanted the most. The point is, *at least for me, the spot in LRS did not require an interview unless of course the interview happens after enlistment. It is also quite possible that it was just this specific MOS that didn't require a "tryout" while some others might.

My best advice would be to discuss your interests with a local NG recruiter. If a slot is open with a LRS unit I am sure they would be able to explain the requirements for that slot and whether or not you need a try out with the unit.

Best of luck!

*Disclaimer
        Last edited by SierraBravo; January 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

If there is a LRS unit in your state, talk directly to their recruiter. You won't regret the decision! There are a lot of schools open to a LRS unit that other infantry units won't get.

Comment

Working...
          X