Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Issue

Hello every one,
    I went to MEPS last month and my BP was checked 3 times and it was higher than normal. I was very shocked because I have never had problem with my BP. I was so nervous after the lady took my blood pressure the first time; the second and third reading were off the roof. I was told to get 3 consecutive days blood pressure check with my family doctor. Well my blood pressure was perfectly normal (all 3 days ran in 120s/70s). My recruiter submitted the document and he called me yesterday that he just got an email from MEPS that I was "good to go". My question is,
    1) Will I have to redo all my physical all over again?
    2) Does "good to go" mean that I have a BP waiver?
    3) Will my BP be evaluated again at MEPS (I get so nervous there and can't even calm down)?
    4) Since I like to think of the worst case scenario, what will happen if my BP is evaluated again and it is high?
    Thank you!

Re: BP Issue

I had a very similar experience to yours. To answer your questions;

1) Will I have to redo all my physical all over again? No, at least I did not. I had to go through an "Inspect which is just height and weight check again.
    2) Does "good to go" mean that I have a BP waiver? You have the good readings from your Dr. Good to go means the MEPS Dr. reviewed the letter and cleared you based off of it.
    3) Will my BP be evaluated again at MEPS (I get so nervous there and can't even calm down)?No, at least it wasn't for me. They will when you get to reception though.
    4) Since I like to think of the worst case scenario, what will happen if my BP is evaluated again and it is high?See answer to question 3 above. Work on relaxation methods and I would say test your BP as often as possible so you can start getting more comfortable with getting it checked.

Regards!

Comment

Working...
    X