X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

Hello. Been awhile since I've posted anything, but I'm struggling a little on trying to lose the gut that I have. I lost few pounds back when I was really putting 200% on losing weight but now I've been slacking A LOT. Strange thing is, I've gained my weight back so it's back up to 280 but just I think I've made myself a lot stronger, I meet all the scores needed to pass the PFT but I need to really lose the gut where most of my body fat is at. I can do sit ups at my peak I do about 50-55 sit ups. I really need to lose my belly fat, are there any good tips on doing this? I can only do 10 pushups and I know if I get rid of the main thing which is my stomach it'll be a whole lot easier. I know everything takes time, I can bike 18 minutes straight without stopping. I just need the main thing taken out.

Anything? Thanks, also I have 5 months til graduation and I want to enlist after I graduate, so I'm really going to everything into this.

Re: Help?

You are at an age where your metabolism should be high. So watch what you eat and watch your protein, carbs and fat. Even if you are playing and exercise daily but gouging 4000 calories with no controls in place. You will ballooon.

Keep your portions at bay.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
      You are at an age where your metabolism should be high. So watch what you eat and watch your protein, carbs and fat. Even if you are playing and exercise daily but gouging 4000 calories with no controls in place. You will ballooon.

Keep your portions at bay.

Good luck.
      Measure EVERYTHING out and write down ALL of your food and calories. Find out how much your daily max amount would be for calories and stay under that.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan View Post
        Hello. Been awhile since I've posted anything, but I'm struggling a little on trying to lose the gut that I have. I lost few pounds back when I was really putting 200% on losing weight but now I've been slacking A LOT. Strange thing is, I've gained my weight back so it's back up to 280 but just I think I've made myself a lot stronger, I meet all the scores needed to pass the PFT but I need to really lose the gut where most of my body fat is at. I can do sit ups at my peak I do about 50-55 sit ups. I really need to lose my belly fat, are there any good tips on doing this? I can only do 10 pushups and I know if I get rid of the main thing which is my stomach it'll be a whole lot easier. I know everything takes time, I can bike 18 minutes straight without stopping. I just need the main thing taken out.

Anything? Thanks, also I have 5 months til graduation and I want to enlist after I graduate, so I'm really going to everything into this.
        Dedicate yourself and stay on task. You WILL have bad days and even weeks where you have eaten too much or are just not as motivated to PT. It's up to you on how badly you want this.

- Get an app or some way to track yourself.
        - MyFitnessPal: track your food intake, exercise, weigh ins, etc...

- Restrict your caloric intake to 1500 per day.
        - YES, it will fluctuate and you will have bad days as well as weeks but keep on task.
        - Allow yourself a one day break in the week and indulge a bit.
        - Drink PLENTY of water and do away with sodas.

- Cardio & crossfit the hell out of yourself.
        - Treadmills, walking, ellipticals, swimming, bike riding, etc... I would advise not running, at this time, since your weight puts you at risk of injury.

- Do simplified weight bearing exercises to your ability.
        - Knee pushups
        - inclined pushups (wall, waste level chair, etc...)
        - squats using your own body weight
        - Australian pullups: best part is you set the difficulty level
        - crunches, situps, rows, etc....

- DON'T be a scale watcher & weigh in obsessively. This can work against you rather than provide motivation. Instead weigh in every other week or even weekly at the same time in the morning to get consistent feedback. You'll know though when those close fit better and even start falling off because they are just too big!

Some folks work well in groups with others striving for a similar goal. You may want to find a "support" group that will PT with you and provide motivation.

Personally, I know it's all me at the end of the day so I choose to take this journey head on.

Comment

Restrict your caloric intake to 1500 per day
          This seems a bit low for a male daily caloric intake (going off of the OP's handle of "Juan"); it looks closer to what a female needs. I believe it is 1800-2000 for males. One thing to keep in mind is that the goal is not to starve the body. OP, if you are active and trying to lose weight, be sure to adjust your caloric intake accordingly. Meaning, listen to your body! If you feel hungry, eat! But choose foods that are packed with the things your body needs (i.e. fresh fruit/veggies, lean meat, fruit).

OP, as others have stated, it really comes down to being very aware of your diet and exercise program. One thing I would recommend is to back off the muscle building and focus on cardio. Did you know that running is known to burn 500 calories every thirty minutes? That's quite a chunk of your daily intake! You'll be surprised how much you can lose in the last few months before graduation.

If you are looking for a tool to keep you on track, be sure to check out the fitness calculator on the National Guard website. It will give you and idea of where you need to be! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X