X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining with a GED in Florida

Hi I really need a little bit of help since this is my first time wanting to join a branch.

I currently have a GED I took I pan my high school. I don't know if this matters but in my Diploma it says high school diploma, and my principle told me it was considered a high school diploma since I scored above the requirements to obtain a Florida high school diploma. Not sure if that's classified as a GED or not but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I'm 19, 5;7 140 pds. Records clean. No tatooes.

I also recently took the asvab and got a AFQT of 49. If anyone could shed some light on my situation it would be most appreciated!

Thanks guys.

Re: Joining with a GED in Florida

A GED Holder must get a score of 51 on there asvab test to Enlist in the ARMY NG I am pretty sure.
    Last edited by spcrock; January 15th, 2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Dasilva View Post
      Hi I really need a little bit of help since this is my first time wanting to join a branch.

I currently have a GED I took I pan my high school. I don't know if this matters but in my Diploma it says high school diploma, and my principle told me it was considered a high school diploma since I scored above the requirements to obtain a Florida high school diploma. Not sure if that's classified as a GED or not but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I also recently took the asvab and got a AFQT of 49. If anyone could shed some light on my situation it would be most appreciated!

Thanks guys.
      So, is it a high school diploma or a GED?

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I have a GED, and it says that I have fulfilled all of the requirements for a high school diploma. It's still a GED. Nothing wrong with that, but it may affect your eligibility. Other members will be able to better advise you on those matters. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
          So, is it a high school diploma or a GED?
          GED

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
            I have a GED, and it says that I have fulfilled all of the requirements for a high school diploma. It's still a GED. Nothing wrong with that, but it may affect your eligibility. Other members will be able to better advise you on those matters. Good luck.
            Yeah, that's why I'm confused by the OP's wording...

Either way, OP, most states will require you to earn an additional 15 college credits with a GED and have an ASVAB score of 50 or above.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
              Yeah, that's why I'm confused by the OP's wording...

Either way, OP, most states will require you to earn an additional 15 college credits with a GED and have an ASVAB score of 50 or above.
              Yeah that's weird, my recruiter told me I'm okay with my GED. And my 49 AFQT.

Comment

Yeah that's weird, my recruiter told me I'm okay with my GED. And my 49 AFQT.
                That's not uncommon. States can, and do, adjust their requirements depending on their mission.

Comment

Yeah that's good. I've been working on myself to join the army since I was 17. I got my high school diploma from an online school, from transferring from 12th grade. And the army didn't consider it at all. So my recruiter told me to get a GED. And it's been an uphill battle, but I won't this too bad to just walk away at all. I come from a very long line of army fathers . I'll never give up for something I believe in. I want to put some honor behind my last name. So thanks for your help guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X