Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Waver

What are the regulations for a waver?
    Last edited by LonghornPrincess; January 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM.

Re: Medical Waver

What kind of waivers are you referring to? Enlistment waivers (start with AR 601-210)? Medical Waivers (start with AR 40-501)? These Army Regulations will give you a starting point for figuring out what is/is not a disqualification and if a waiver is accepted. Be sure to double check with your recruiter on any current waiver suspensions

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
      What kind of waivers are you referring to? Enlistment waivers (start with AR 601-210)? Medical Waivers (start with AR 40-501)? These Army Regulations will give you a starting point for figuring out what is/is not a disqualification and if a waiver is accepted. Be sure to double check with your recruiter on any current waiver suspensions
      What's the general trend as of present with medical waivers?

I'm asking this for a friend who is wishing to go 09S. He tried to enlist a few years ago but Navy recruiter would not deal with it because of a possible heart murmur that he indicated (at MEPS maybe?).

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        What's the general trend as of present with medical waivers?

I'm asking this for a friend who is wishing to go 09S. He tried to enlist a few years ago but Navy recruiter would not deal with it because of a possible heart murmur that he indicated (at MEPS maybe?).
        Well, currently there is a suspension on certain medical issues; primarily, those dealing with mental disorders and the like. So this sounds like it doesn't apply to your friend's heart murmur.

The Medical Regulation doesn't discuss heart murmurs as a specific disqualification as some are benign and would not affect performance in the least. However, some murmurs are an indication of an arrhythmia, which can be a disqualification. Aside from this, I cannot say if he would qualify or not. He would need to talk to a recruiter and/or get evaluated by MEPS. Has he had his heart evaluated by his own doctor? I can see where getting supporting documentation would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
          Well, currently there is a suspension on certain medical issues; primarily, those dealing with mental disorders and the like. So this sounds like it doesn't apply to your friend's heart murmur.

The Medical Regulation doesn't discuss heart murmurs as a specific disqualification as some are benign and would not affect performance in the least. However, some murmurs are an indication of an arrhythmia, which can be a disqualification. Aside from this, I cannot say if he would qualify or not. He would need to talk to a recruiter and/or get evaluated by MEPS. Has he had his heart evaluated by his own doctor? I can see where getting supporting documentation would be helpful.
          That provides some clarity and I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X