X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about ged plus

i didnít complete the 9th grade, but when i returned to school months later i got placed in the 10th grade. And now my transcripts show Iím a 10th grader. Will this be an issue?

some recruiters have told me that i can enlist I just want to double check and not get my hopes up.

Re: questions about ged plus

Originally posted by Jen Stanley View Post
    i didn’t complete the 9th grade, but when i returned to school months later i got placed in the 10th grade. And now my transcripts show I’m a 10th grader. Will this be an issue?

some recruiters have told me that i can enlist I just want to double check and not get my hopes up.
    As long as your state offers it, you're 17, and eligible to enlist you should be fine.

Comment

thank you.

Comment

I believe you must be at least 18 yrs old, been out of school a min. of six months, transcripts showing you completed the 10th grade and have no moral waivers. IF you meet all these requirements, you must still pass a difficult screening based on your ASVAB, BMI and another test called the AIM which is based on motivation.

I'm sending up an applicant this week for the GED Plus but do not have my hopes up. Best of luck to you though!!

Comment

ASVAB requirements are higher for those who didn't complete high school. Which actually doesn't make sense if you think about it, but it is what it is.

You're making it sound like you dropped out of school... if you're still in school then you have nothing to worry about just graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
            I believe you must be at least 18 yrs old, been out of school a min. of six months, transcripts showing you completed the 10th grade and have no moral waivers. IF you meet all these requirements, you must still pass a difficult screening based on your ASVAB, BMI and another test called the AIM which is based on motivation.

I'm sending up an applicant this week for the GED Plus but do not have my hopes up. Best of luck to you though!!
            i am 25 years old scored 38 on my asvab.
            I called my High School and found out that in the 9th grade i got transferred to a continuation school once i was there i got placed in the 10th grade and dropped out in the second semester. So technically i didn't complete the 9th grade and dropped out on the 10th grade where i was placed in continuation school. So i am really confused and my recruiter has not responded after looking at my Transcripts.

Comment

That is correct. Here's more information on the requirements: GED Plus Program

Comment

I would recommend either getting your GED and apply or better yet, get 14 college credits and you can join. With 14 college credits you're considered a High School Grad.

Comment

I would recommend either getting your GED and apply or better yet, get 14 college credits and you can join. With 14 college credits you're considered a High School Grad.
                  I've not heard of this! Is this pretty standard throughout all states? Or something unique to NY?

Comment

Working...
                  X