Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Secret Security Clearance

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
    First I have to admit I did not read all the posts in this thread. You do not need to have yours granted while you are at training, it can happen afterwards. They do grant you basically a temporary one after it gets to a certain point. I look at them often when I review the BNs NGB 22s (Guard version of a 214 pretty much) to verify when they were granted to fill in a blank on the form and as you can imagine it varies it can take anywhere from four months to much longer when I see when it was initiated and when it had been approved. Mine six+ years ago took nine months. I know you are looking for more current information but that doesnt matter so much, as there are so many reasons why the time frame varies and doesnt really have to do with enlistment rates.

Not that I like to admit this on here, but I had some deliquent bills and my credit check didnt look great and I was fine. They are concerned about income versus bills you pay monthly if your financial record sends up a red flag and they look into your case more and have an interview with you. And having a plan for overdue bills. Thats really about it. I worried way more about it than I found out was necessary.

And whoever said go into an Admin MOS is wrong. We deal with sensitive info often and need a clearance. The ones without can not do the full job of a 42A, especially in a deployment environment.
    Thanks Becky I appreciate your input. I hope I too am worrying more about it then is necessary - my Recruiter and Security Manager say I am :-) My recruiter explained that my clearance needs to get to a certain point then they can sign off on me so I can get my basic scheduled. Until them I am just in a waiting pattern. I do have a plan set up and I sent them all the info pertaining to that. As far as debt to income, I am on unemployment but since moving in with my bf (who is very supportive of this) all I am responsible for at the moment is paying my monthly debt consolidation bill - which is about 25% of my unemployment.
    Last edited by robinpugs06; January 5th, 2013, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Robinpugs06,

You'll be fine and your clearance will go through. Just wait it out. There's many factors that could be holding it up; Laziness at the next step in the process, holidays, amount of applicants, it's lost in a pile of papers, etc. Just wait and see and I'm sure you'll be okay. These are issues my Mother has seen in the past as a SM.

"Thanks again for everyone's input and for not getting rude or uppity like they tend to do on the AF Forum" - We're not the Chair Force and you're welcome!

Comment

Robin is joining the Chair Force and the only time AF members are bad azzes is when they are on forums lol.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          Robin is joining the Chair Force and the only time AF members are bad azzes is when they are on forums lol.
          Oops I guess I missed that part lol. No wonder she was on the AF forums. Good luck Robin! You should join the Army instead!

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            So true FM!!!! Their forum makes all AF personnel look like douches -pretty sad. And yes, I enlisted in the Air National Guard and I get **** all time from my bf - former Army grunt and now his son - just enlistetd as Cav Scout, and I give it right back. It is all in good fun.
            And thanks Hustlin I hope you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by hustlin_moe20 View Post
              Oops I guess I missed that part lol. No wonder she was on the AF forums. Good luck Robin! You should join the Army instead!
              I am already enlisted in the ANG so that really isn't an option :-)There were a lot of factors that led me to enlisting in the ANG. It's a long sorry but I am just happy to serve. But, I still keep coming back to this forum bcz the people on here have been a great help to me throughout my journey.
              Last edited by robinpugs06; January 6th, 2013, 01:02 AM.

Comment

No Army for you? Are you sure? We'd love to have you! Regardless of what branch you choose, you're still serving and that's all that matters. We all work together in these new "Joint" environments anyways. My office is half/half AF and Army, all in the same multi-cam uniform, just different rank and insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by hustlin_moe20 View Post
                  No Army for you? Are you sure? We'd love to have you! Regardless of what branch you choose, you're still serving and that's all that matters. We all work together in these new "Joint" environments anyways. My office is half/half AF and Army, all in the same multi-cam uniform, just different rank and insignia.
                  I don't really think the ARNG is an option now considering I enlisted in the ANG in December
                  Last edited by robinpugs06; January 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Wow I didn't know it could take that much time, thanks this helps me, I need to get on top of my business ASAP.

Comment

Does anyone know what the process would be if my clearance for the ANG is denied and I have to be discharged but would like to go to the ARNG? Do I have to wait for my discharge and hope I have a favorable code and then enlist with the ARNG?

Comment

You gotta be kidding me lol. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                          Does anyone know what the process would be if my clearance for the ANG is denied and I have to be discharged but would like to go to the ARNG? Do I have to wait for my discharge and hope I have a favorable code and then enlist with the ARNG?
                          First...stop freaking worrying. This should be a non stressful event for you, because at this point right now there is nothing you can do to control the outcome.

Second, I and most likely everyone on here, do not know Air Force discharge regulations enough to know exactly how they would proceed. I can offer an educated guess that it would not happen instantly if you were denied, because there are appeals and other filings you can do to attempt to overcome the situation.

Third, whatever the Air Force would do with you, would not leave you in a positioin to DQ you if the only reason was failure to get a clearance. However, based on PS rules at the time, there could be a waiting period or a waiver needed.

Fourth, stop freaking worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                            You wouldn't be discharged you'd have to pick another MOS that doesn't require a security clearance. And even then you could still apply for it later, it's easier to get a clearance when you're already in the guard with your unit. You shouldn't worry about it that much like others have said, it's only secret. As long as you don't have any serious charges on your record nothing should go wrong. Now Top Secret... that's another story. The only reason debts even matter is because people can use your debt as leverage agaisnt you to get information. I don't think you'd have to worry about something like that unless it's top secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Xalyx View Post
                              You wouldn't be discharged you'd have to pick another MOS that doesn't require a security clearance. And even then you could still apply for it later, it's easier to get a clearance when you're already in the guard with your unit. You shouldn't worry about it that much like others have said, it's only secret. As long as you don't have any serious charges on your record nothing should go wrong. Now Top Secret... that's another story. The only reason debts even matter is because people can use your debt as leverage agaisnt you to get information. I don't think you'd have to worry about something like that unless it's top secret.
                              Don't answer questions that you are not qualified to answer. She is in the Air Guard, and everyone in the Air Force is required to have a clearance. So she would not be "picking another MOS".

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                                Don't answer questions that you are not qualified to answer. She is in the Air Guard, and everyone in the Air Force is required to have a clearance. So she would not be "picking another MOS".
                                You're right. I knew that but I didn't read the thread thoroughly enough

Comment

Working...
                                X