X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-enlistment questions

I'm 21 years old, and I've got a 1 year old daughter, but I'm interested in joining the Guard. A Buddy of mine just returned from BCT (Army National Guard Reserves) a little bit after Thanksgiving and told me about it and it really caught my interest. I never realistically explored the idea of serving, especially with having a kid. I've got a little bit of weight to lose (6ft, around 225-230). I've just got a couple questions.

Should I get to, or significantly closer to my target weight prior to talking to my recruiter?
    Is enlisting (for reserves) a realistic option with a child? Outside of the obvious, being gone for some time at BCT
    I read somewhere that recruiters will help you have access a gym without having to pay for a membership, is this true?

Re: Pre-enlistment questions

I'm assuming by your height and weight that you are male? Based on this, your max allowable weight is 203lbs at 26%. Here's how I got this: Fitness Calculator. My advice would be to get closer to your target weight before talking to a recruiter. I've not heard of recruiters getting applicants into gyms for free, so I'm guessing something like this is an exception to the general rule.

Concerning your dependent, are you a single parent?

Comment

Working...
    X