Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This The Correct MOS?

Hello,

I'm in the process of joining the National Guard and I just wanted to make sure that, when I do fully sign up, I ask for the correct MOS.

I'd really like to become an armorer and maintain, repair, and work on small arms like the M4/M16, M9, M249, etc.

Going through the MOS list on this site I found this page: http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...-jobs/mechanic

91F Small Arms/Artillery Repairer
    Army and National Guard forces use a wide array of weapons, from small field artillery to large ballistic missiles. Small Arms/Artillery Repairers keep small arms and other infantry weapons operating properly by performing maintenance and repairs on electronic firing, guidance and launch systems that help locate targets, aim weapons and fire them.

Is 91F what I'm looking for? Any others I should look at that may fit what I would like to do?

Also: Is it true that your job selection isn't guaranteed and that I might want to request any guarantee I'm given by a recruiter in writing? A few veteran friends of mine have said that.

Thank you very much for your time.

Re: Is This The Correct MOS?

It's not guaranteed if there are not available slots for it in your state. You can't be anything just because you want to. The military always has to have a need for a particular job/skill.

Comment

Understood.

Is the MOS I listed the correct one that I want to apply for to work on the weapons I listed as well as most other weapons used by infantry soldiers or is that a different MOS?

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanN View Post
        Understood.

Is the MOS I listed the correct one that I want to apply for to work on the weapons I listed as well as most other weapons used by infantry soldiers or is that a different MOS?

Thank you for your time.
        Yup. The 91F I've personally known get to hang out with the weapons and know all kinds of nifty stuff about them.

Comment

Working...
        X