X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Question (My first post)

I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in Middle School. I am now 21 years of age, I currently attend community college. I have taken Medication for Asperger's Syndrome, but I have been off of my medications since late September. I have no criminal record and I have a decent GPA. Will I be allowed to enlist in the National Guard?

Re: Medical Question (My first post)

Someone here will be able to post the medical regulations in regards to this condition but a current recruiter will best know the answer. All I have to say is that any history of mental issues is either a PDQ or perhaps requires a waiver. With the rise of military suicides linked to the stresses of military service, this is a very delicate area to determine suitability.

Good luck.
    Last edited by RyCass; December 20th, 2012, 10:30 AM. Reason: Potentially inflammatory remark.

Comment

Re: Medical Question (My first post)

Unfortunately, OP, you would not be qualified to enlist with your medical history. According to the Medical Standards, DoDi 6301.03:

"c. Pervasive developmental disorders (299 series) including Asperger Syndrome, autistic spectrum disorders, and pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified (299.9)."

Keep in mind, however, there are many other ways to serve this country besides being a Soldier.

Comment

Working...
      X