Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need a Drivers license to Join the Texas National Gaurd?

Do i need a DL to join the Gaurd in Texas? although my Recruiter has told me that i need one. Ive ben reading around that a license isent necessary to join, only if the job your applying for requires you driving. Im shooting for 68W if not 11B.

Re: Do i need a Drivers license to Join the Texas National Gaurd?

Originally posted by JohnJaimes View Post
    Do i need a DL to join the Gaurd in Texas? although my Recruiter has told me that i need one. Ive ben reading around that a license isent necessary to join, only if the job your applying for requires you driving. Im shooting for 68W if not 11B.
    Texas might do their own thing, but no, a drivers license isnt necessary to join generally. Now the reason for not having one might make it impossible to join unless you just decided to never get one. And alot of units like to get EVERYONE licensed on the military vehicles, not just the drivers so that might hurt you down the road, but just a general question of "do I need one to join"...no you do not. And each area can come up with their own enlistment "rules". Because supply is way higher than demand right now, if they can only enlist lets say....one person a week and two want to, they could have a procedure that they decide to pick the one with the license over the one without, that would be up to them.

Comment

Re: Do i need a Drivers license to Join the Texas National Gaurd?

Go get your Texas State ID card. Provides the same info and allows them to track you like a normal license would.

My old unit in FTW had a guy who didn't drive ethier. Since it was a big company, not a bad deal, but he got stuck with all the crap details during convoy ops.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverL...quirements.htm

Comment

Working...
      X