X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moral waiver

I'm looking to join the Air National Guard or Army National Guard. I have been in college for the past two years working on my associate's, and my goal is to become a Pharmacist. My husband is getting out of the Army in a couple of months, so location-wise, our options are open. My issue is needing a moral waiver for an arrest that happened 8 years ago. I received Youthful Offender status, but it was a possession of marijuana charge. I've been reading forums online looking for info and have spoken to two recruiters. Alabama NG told me they weren't giving out waivers this month and I am waiting to hear back from FL. We are from AL, so anywhere near there is great, but honestly, we are pretty open to new places. I know the waiver question is asked a lot, so any answers are appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Moral waiver

Unfortunately, a Juvenile conviction for drug involvement (possession or use of) waiver is currently suspended throughout the National Guard. I'm not discouraging you from asking around to the different states. I just want to prepare you that this is a pretty unanimous waiver suspension.

Comment

Thanks! Would it make a difference if I had it expunged?

Comment

Originally posted by Rheana View Post
        Thanks! Would it make a difference if I had it expunged?
        The official answer is no. However, please identify your state where you were convicted.

Comment

Working...
        X