Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meps Consult

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Meps Consult

    Hello Everyone, Ive recently went to meps and I'm require to get a consult done for a abnormal ekg. I have very recently had a ekg done by a doctor other than meps and came back normal, should I bring that ekg from that doctor to the meps consult or are they not even going to consider another doctors findings. Also say if everything goes good at the consult, what happens next do I just go back to meps and swear in or do I have to wait on a waiver to be approved. Sorry if this question is stupid and thank you everyone in advance.

  • #2
    Re: Meps Consult

    I would bring it with you. A consult is usually with a civilian doctor and having another doc's opinion won't bother/offend them. You'll only need a waiver if something is found that would normally DQ you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Meps Consult

      Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
      I would bring it with you. A consult is usually with a civilian doctor and having another doc's opinion won't bother/offend them. You'll only need a waiver if something is found that would normally DQ you.
      With that being said, MEPS will likely still insist on doing their own even if your doctor found everything to be normal. Good luck!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Meps Consult

        I had to go to a MEPS consult also. As long as you pass whatever you have to do, you may get to swear in on the same day. I did.
        Good luck!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Meps Consult

          A little update, my recruiter contacted me today saying MEPS wanted me to get 3 blood pressure readings and submit it to them. That is what my problem at MEPS was all about, my pulse was to high so they did a ekg and wouldn't you know it it came back abnormal probably because my pulse was over 100. so hopefully they see this and just want me to get those BP reading, and I can swear in. Also I want to thank everyone for your responses, hopefully I will be apart of the National Guard soon.
          Last edited by GodBlessUSA; December 4th, 2012, 11:19 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Meps Consult

            Ok so I got three blood pressure readings in three days from my local fire station, they are 128/88, 125/68, 130/70. so hopefully these are good enough for MEPS. The only problem I think I might have is they wrote it on this blood pressure wallet diary thing, and then put on it CCFR (Clay county fire rescue) ST.14. Hopefully meps will accept it
            Last edited by GodBlessUSA; December 11th, 2012, 08:17 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Meps Consult

              Well I heard back from my recruiter and she said MEPS could not accept the readings from the Fire Department Because it was not on a letter head and needed to be from a Nurse or a Doctor, I have read of people many of time's going to Fire Stations to get their BP readings for this issue but I'm just going to go with the flow and do what MEPS want's me to do and hopefully I will be swearing in soon. Also I doubt Anyone will know this but i'll ask anyway, Is it possible to go to like a CVS Minute Clinic for the BP readings because I really don't feel the need to drive and make a Appointment to My doctor. Thanks everyone

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Meps Consult

                Originally posted by GodBlessUSA View Post
                Well I heard back from my recruiter and she said MEPS could not accept the readings from the Fire Department Because it was not on a letter head and needed to be from a Nurse or a Doctor, I have read of people many of time's going to Fire Stations to get their BP readings for this issue but I'm just going to go with the flow and do what MEPS want's me to do and hopefully I will be swearing in soon. Also I doubt Anyone will know this but i'll ask anyway, Is it possible to go to like a CVS Minute Clinic for the BP readings because I really don't feel the need to drive and make a Appointment to My doctor. Thanks everyone
                I think you should ask CVS if their Nurse or PA can give you documentation on a letterhead. Otherwise, I would recommend going to your doctor.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Meps Consult

                  Well I ended up going to my Doctor on Base and got three good blood pressure readings and my recruiter submitted them. I just got back word today from my recruiter saying I am qualified. I have to meet my recruiter tomorrow to pick my job and sign my Contract! Thank you everyone who answered my questions in the past.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Meps Consult

                    Congratulations

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Meps Consult

                      Thank you Focused

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Meps Consult

                        Your Welcome! Now go gettem " stay positive, stay determined , stay strong, stay focused"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Meps Consult

                          Originally posted by GodBlessUSA View Post
                          Well I ended up going to my Doctor on Base and got three good blood pressure readings and my recruiter submitted them. I just got back word today from my recruiter saying I am qualified. I have to meet my recruiter tomorrow to pick my job and sign my Contract! Thank you everyone who answered my questions in the past.
                          That is great news congratulations!!! Great way to start the New Year!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Meps Consult

                            Thank you RobinPugs!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Meps Consult

                              Congratulations!! Thanks for keeping us updated on your story! It's great to hear positive stories once in a while.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X