X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asvab

i took the pre asvab and scored a 41 on it and my recruiter asked me if i wanted to take the paper version of the asvab or the computerized version i was wondering which one is better ive heard that the computer version is easier and i was wondering when im done with test will it tell me my score

Re: Asvab

Originally posted by Army31B View Post
    i took the pre asvab and scored a 41 on it and my recruiter asked me if i wanted to take the paper version of the asvab or the computerized version i was wondering which one is better ive heard that the computer version is easier and i was wondering when im done with test will it tell me my score
    OP, there's likely very little difference between the two methods other than what you feel comfortable with. For some people, sitting at a computer is nerve wracking or, conversely, taking a paper test daunting.

Verify with your recruiter on this, but I believe you won't get the score when your finished. Rather, your recruiter will get it later.

Comment

I believe the computer one will have questions that will vary in difficulty depending on how good/bad you are doing.

Comment

From the ASVAB website:

Myth: The CAT-ASVAB is harder than the paper-and-pencil (P&P) ASVAB.

The Truth: The CAT-ASVAB may seem harder than the P&P-ASVAB to some applicants because the test is tailored to the ability level of each individual examinee. That is, in the CAT-ASVAB questions are administered that are best suited to each examinee’s ability level, whereas the P&P-ASVAB includes questions that range from very easy to very hard. This doesn’t mean that the P&P ASVAB is easier than the CAT-ASVAB.

Regardless of whether an applicant takes the CAT-ASVAB or the P&P-ASVAB, his/her scores should be very similar. This is because scores are statistically linked across CAT and P&P administrations through a process called equating. Equating studies are conducted for every CAT-ASVAB item pool (and for every paper and pencil ASVAB form) to ensure that scores have the same meaning regardless of which item pool or test form the examinee receives.

Myth: The P&P-ASVAB is harder than the CAT-ASVAB.

The Truth: The CAT-ASVAB may seem easier than the P&P-ASVAB to some applicants for the same reasons discussed above. Again, because all ASVAB forms are equated, scores have the same meaning regardless of which item pool or test form the examinee receives.

Comment

With a little effort a 41 can turn into a 50+! You'll make it!

Comment

Originally posted by Army31B View Post
            I took the ASVAB on the computer and I liked it. It was a bit confusing, but you get your scores earlier, like the day you took the test on. If you need or want to study up more, you can get an ASVAB book that will help you.

Comment

Working...
            X