X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of enlistment?

From my understanding RE-4s are only being admitted if you were discharged under DA/DT, that said, if RE-4's are accepted case by case at a later date, how might I fair with an SPD code of JHJ (2006, Naval Reserve)? I missed pre-boot camp drills after I was kicked out of my home and begun living on the streets (long story short I was being molested by a family friend, I said enough was enough and was promptly tossed out with only the clothes I was wearing).
    I have no proof other then obtaining a police report I filed with the Seattle PD of the molestation a year after the occurrence having found my way back to family in California, and a CD from eVetRecs showing a certified mailing of the action being taken against me within the Navy and how I could have my case heard was sent back to the Station under the guise that that the home owner never heard of me.

Also, although probably not any easier for enlistment, would any of this help if I filed a dd149 with the BCNR in the slim hopes of getting an RE-3H (Hardship) or similar?

Thank you for any and all responses.

Re: Chances of enlistment?

JHJ - Army, USMC, USAF Unsuitability (Reason Unknown)/ Unsatisfactory performance

So, just for clarification...You never went to basic training?

Comment

Never, I was waiting for my ship date while drilling at Naval Station Everett

Comment

Originally posted by Siphter View Post
        Never, I was waiting for my ship date while drilling at Naval Station Everett
        Paralegal will confirm but I do not think the Navy board of corrections will handle your case since you never even attended boot camp (Navy/Marines it is called boot not basic).

Also, that board does not handle re-codes.

Comment

Ah alright, well if nothing can come of it in the end at the least this serves as a reminder that even if you haven't shipped to either boot or basic you can't afford to mess up!

Comment

Talk to a recruiter. See what happens.

Comment

RE code changes are only considered by the correction boards if it is a true error.

Comment

Working...
              X