X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for joining

My name is Elijah. I am 17 years old, a junior in high school.I have one question. My question is do I have to be a senior in high school to join nation guard?

Re: question for joining

Originally posted by Elijah View Post
    My name is Elijah. I am 17 years old, a junior in high school.I have one question. My question is do I have to be a senior in high school to join nation guard?
    No, you can join at 17 with your parent's permission. You can do the split option program which would allow you to do basic training the summer between your junior and senior year and then ait after you graduate from high school.
    Last edited by robinpugs06; November 20th, 2012, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Robin is correct. You may enlist at 17 years old with your parents consent. There's a process to enlisting, so I would encourage you to take a look at the Guard Basics on the National Guard website. It will guide you through what you can expect through the whole process. Let me know if you have any questions!

Comment

Yeah Elijah sign up now and you will go to BCT this coming summer then complete the AIT the summer you graduate!!!

You may like it so much you may want to go to VMI, the Citadel, Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets, or West Point once you graduate....I would check out those college's as you think post high school.

Comment

Working...
        X