X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cholesterol

Do they check your cholesterol levels at MEPS and if so does anyone know what the acceptable range is?

Re: Cholesterol

They do draw blood and run a simple blood panel, checking for anomalies, HIV, etc. I do not know if they specifically screen cholesterol levels.

Comment

Ok thank you. I would think more people would be talking about it if they tested but just double checking. I need to get mine down regardless.

Comment

Yes they check your Cholesterol.

Comment

Thanks Airborne. Do you know by chance what the numbers have to be? Mine was high before and i want to make sure im in the range before heading up.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Griffin View Post
            Thanks Airborne. Do you know by chance what the numbers have to be? Mine was high before and i want to make sure im in the range before heading up.
            I will let you do the leg work. AR 40-501 or have your Recruiter Dial a DOC at MEPS.

Comment

Ok. Yeah my recruiter said he has no clue and so far I haven't seen it anywhere else. I will see if i can locate it in the document you mentioned.

Comment

Well remember regardless of if you are going to be in the service or not you should look into lowering your cholesterol levels to live a healthy life.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
                  Well remember regardless of if you are going to be in the service or not you should look into lowering your cholesterol levels to live a healthy life.
                  Couldnt agree more. I was at the top of my game fitness wise for years until I burned out from overtraining and other distractions. Happy to be back on course and will have everything in line again soon.

Comment

Total cholesterol has to be under 200.

Comment

Thank you! Meps scheduled for Monday. Hopefully will slide through with no issues. Did a cholesterol at home test kit today amd im hovering around 200.

Comment

Scientists found evidence that, along with lowering glucose levels, cinnamon may also lower lipid levels. You can but cinnamon pills at Walmart.
                        Research shows that green tea lowers total cholesterol and raises HDL ("good") cholesterol in both animals and people.

Just some suggestions! My mom recently found out she has high cholesterol and her doctor suggested the cinnamon pills and green tea.

Best of luck at MEPS!

Comment

OP, Good Luck!

However, if you find that you DO have an issue with high cholesterol, I would highly recommend that you seek the advise of your family physician before trying to treat the condition yourself through homeopathic means.

There has been SOME talk of cinnamon helping with high cholesterol, but it can have extremely adverse side effects if the person has underlying diabetic issues or blood sugar issues.

Comment

Think of it like this, everything has a plus and minus to it. Isometrics are great but they should be avoided by people who have high blood pressure, especially Hand Stand push ups which I don't believe even serve a purpose anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X