X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here! Looking for some advice!

Hey guys. I am new here and have a few question for everyone. I am a senior in high school and currently applying for colleges. My number one is middle georgia college in georgia. I will be taking a flight training major as I already have my private pilots license. I am not familer with military enlistment or programs but my end goal would be hopefully flying in the military. I know this is a long and hard road, but it is what I want to do.

Heres my question, hearing more and more about the reserve now I think it would be a good opportunity to look into joining while in school. What are the pros and cons of enlisting in the guard while in college? and can you transfer from the guard to active duty military? I know I have minimal knowledge on this so thats why I am coming here to ask for you all help! Thank

Re: New here! Looking for some advice!

My recommendation when I recruited for an Aviation Battalion was this.....join a 15 series MOS so you can work on helicopters, go to college and let the Tuition Assistance and G.I. Bill pay for college, and by the time you graduate you should be a SPC and put in a warrant packet. Flight school is a little over a year.

Comment

Re: New here! Looking for some advice!

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
      My recommendation when I recruited for an Aviation Battalion was this.....join a 15 series MOS so you can work on helicopters, go to college and let the Tuition Assistance and G.I. Bill pay for college, and by the time you graduate you should be a SPC and put in a warrant packet. Flight school is a little over a year.
      To add to this, transitioning to Active Duty Army while in the National Guard is currently very difficult, if not impossible in some circumstances. Be sure to bring this up with your recruiter so that you can have an idea of what your options are.

Comment

Working...
      X