X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOS: 15A requirements ?

Trying to find specific requirements on MOS: 15A. I am currently 30, in great shape, run, work out 5 days a week, highly motivated , grew up military entire life, and trying to gather info. I work for a defense contractor, have a secret Nato clearance, have a bachelors degree and working on masters. I do have two prior minor misdemeanors, I was a little too motivated in my 20's. Anyhow seeing if this would be possible to give back in a different way. I live in Dallas, TX area.

Re: MOS: 15A requirements ?

Originally posted by JohnDallas View Post
    Trying to find specific requirements on MOS: 15A. I am currently 30, in great shape, run, work out 5 days a week, highly motivated , grew up military entire life, and trying to gather info. I work for a defense contractor, have a secret Nato clearance, have a bachelors degree and working on masters. I do have two prior minor misdemeanors, I was a little too motivated in my 20's. Anyhow seeing if this would be possible to give back in a different way. I live in Dallas, TX area.
    What EXACTLY were you CONVICTED of?

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, it was for DUI, in my college days, one was sleeping in car but running, second was a road block. Both were smooth, I admitted took the punishment and moved on.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, it was for DUI, in my college days, one was sleeping in car but running, second was a road block. Both were smooth, I admitted took the punishment and moved on.
        They currently will not grant waivers for alcohol related offenses. Even if they were or will in the future, there is not way they are putting you behind the controls of a helicopter with two DUI.s

Comment

Oh, and always put the keys in the trunk or the glove box if you have to sleep one off.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, I was guessing they would not but does not hurt to ask. Does this apply for all officer MOS ?'s Does it apply for enlisted as well ? on a side note I grew up around aviation and pilots and they drank way more than I ever thought of, drove etc, but hey I got caught, so it is what it is.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, I was guessing they would not but does not hurt to ask. Does this apply for all officer MOS ?'s Does it apply for enlisted as well ? on a side note I grew up around aviation and pilots and they drank way more than I ever thought of, drove etc, but hey I got caught, so it is what it is.
              Right now you have no way in, in any job. If they start allowing waivers in the future you may have a chance than. It won't be any time soon where that could be a possibility.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info, if no branches are allowing waivers, I guess that answers my question. I will stay on the civilian side as a defense contractor supporting military.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info, if no branches are allowing waivers, I guess that answers my question. I will stay on the civilian side as a defense contractor supporting military.
                  I can't speak for other military components other than the Army. It is still going to be tuff, but look into the Air Guard or Navy Reserves... you might have a shot to do something there.

Comment

Working...
                  X