X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31k mos?

Is this MOS entry level? If not, what are the reqs and what would the chances of obtaining it at a later point be? I was also wondering if the Wisconsin ARNG even has dog handlers? Thanks.

Re: 31k mos?

They have 31K10, 20, 30.... so I would assume that yes, there are entry level positions. the 10 basically means E4 and below, the 20 is SGT, the 30 is SSG.
    I'm in Wisconsin and i'm not sure if we have them or not. I'll look into it. We do have MP units though. Any other questions specific to Wisconsin? I'm a full time admin type at the Brigade level in Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
      They have 31K10, 20, 30.... so I would assume that yes, there are entry level positions. the 10 basically means E4 and below, the 20 is SGT, the 30 is SSG.
      I'm in Wisconsin and i'm not sure if we have them or not. I'll look into it. We do have MP units though. Any other questions specific to Wisconsin? I'm a full time admin type at the Brigade level in Wisconsin.
      Thanks for responding. I just wanted to know as much as possible before talking to a recruiter. I prefer FA to MP so I don't want to be talked into enlisting MP if the chance of becoming a dog handler is slim/none. Would you happen to know if I could be guaranteed 31K in my contract?

Comment

You just need to ask a WI Recruiter that question......he won't bight

Comment

It is entry level, and yes they do have dog handlers- I recently asked my recruiter as I wanted to go 31 Kilo too, and he looked it up but said no dice- there are no current openings for 31K or 31B in all of WI. I'm going 56 Mike instead as that was my 3rd choice- snatched the last position in the whole state! :P Good luck w/ your endeavor!

Comment

Originally posted by WIskiTango95 View Post
            It is entry level, and yes they do have dog handlers- I recently asked my recruiter as I wanted to go 31 Kilo too, and he looked it up but said no dice- there are no current openings for 31K or 31B in all of WI. I'm going 56 Mike instead as that was my 3rd choice- snatched the last position in the whole state! :P Good luck w/ your endeavor!
            That's a bummer. Thanks for the heads up though. Good luck to you as well

Comment

We have the 120th, which is a FA battalion. Locations in Wisconsin Rapids, Marshfield, and Stevens Point. Lots of INF also as it is an infantry brigade. The 121 which is in the 157th Brigade also has FA but I dont have their locations handy. (32nd is better! hehee)

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsin View Post
                Is this MOS entry level? If not, what are the reqs and what would the chances of obtaining it at a later point be? I was also wondering if the Wisconsin ARNG even has dog handlers? Thanks.
                There are no 31K slots in the entire ARNG force structure at this time.

We may have MP slots with the Z6 dog handler ASI (additional skill identifier), but I'm really busy at work and simply don't have the time right now to write the database query to answer that question.

Comment

Working...
                X