X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Waivers in Michigan

I was wondering what the current status on medical waivers. I had my gallbladder removed 6 months ago but was in the process of enlistment over the summer and MEPS wanted medical records. I had applied for a waiver previously and was told I needed to apply after my 6 months post surgery as per standards of medical fitness. My question is that are medical waivers being currently accepted and is this even worth asking due to the fact that my information has been approved by my recruiters SGM and has been passed to the NGB. Would this be something that would just get approved once they take a look at my medical records? I am enlisting as a officer recruit with a degree from Michigan State and scored well on my ASVAB.

Any responses would be great. As I am just really anxious and been ready to serve my country for some time now.

Re: Medical Waivers in Michigan

576). Cholecystectomy DOES meet the standard if performed more than 6 months prior to examination and patient remains asymptomatic.

You shouldn't need a waiver or anything after having your gallbladder removed, as long as you don't have any complications after the surgery. The doctor at MEPS will just have to sign saying you don't have any problems since surgery and have fully recovered.

Comment

OP, didn't you post this two weeks ago? Just curious as to why you started a new thread?

Comment

It was more a question as to whether Michigan National Guard granting waivers than the other post. I know some states are not granting them for various reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Housekeeper View Post
          It was more a question as to whether Michigan National Guard granting waivers than the other post. I know some states are not granting them for various reasons.
          To my knowledge, yes, MI is accepting medical waivers except for certain mental medical issues (see other thread discussions on this). Your waiver SHOULD be fairly straight forward since having the surgery is not a automatic disqualification. If your waiver is at NGB, it's out of everyone's hands so all there is to do is wait. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer to my question. That is all just ready to serve my country and been waiting what seems like too long already. I was told I will hear this week..

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer to my question. That is all just ready to serve my country and been waiting what seems like too long already. I was told I will hear this week..
              I hope you do and that it is good news. Keep us posted!
              Last edited by robinpugs06; November 26th, 2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                I how you do and that it is good need. Keep us posted
                Ha! Sorry, Robin. This made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                  Ha! Sorry, Robin. This made me laugh.
                  Sorry, stupid auto correct

Comment

Medical waiver was accepted, which was expected since I only needed one due to paperwork being filled out prior to 180 days. Now its time for MEPS again...

Comment

Medical waiver was accepted, which was expected since I only needed one due to paperwork being filled out prior to 180 days. Now its time for MEPS again...
                      Congratulations. I found out today my medical waiver was also approved!!!

Comment

Wow congrats i hope i get my 2nd chance to enlist....

Comment

Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X