X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GED PLUS” California

hi i was just wondering if their is a ged plus program in california i was intrested in joining the guard because ive completed high school with only a certificate of completion and the rest of my family members has been in the military and i want to follow their footsteps towards my career and im looking forward into becoming an mp or working as a uav repairer

Re: GED PLUS” California

Does the CA NG not allow GED graduates now?

Comment

Originally posted by Major General Discharge View Post
      Does the CA NG not allow GED graduates now?
      i wanted to know if they have the program in california

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, I've not heard of the GED plus program. I just got a regular GED. I didn't realize the Guard has a GED program of their own. I'm sure there are plenty of regular GED programs in your State. I got mine in 1996 and I think it was pretty cheap. I don't know if it even cost me. Good luck with your GED testing and if you do well on the ASVAB you can do pretty much any MOS you want as long as you meet some requirements.

Comment

The most recent information I received shows California still accepting GED Plus applicants with a 50 or higher ASVAB score. As always, your recruiter will be your best resource on this. A note on the program: GED Plus slots are limited so they are often competitive and filled quickly.

Comment

The only place they do GED plus is in Arkansas, if you get accepted and there are slots available they will send you there. I just enlisted the 30th of October and I'll be going to this program and I live in Ohio. the way it works is you go to this base for about 4 weeks, then straight to Basic Training then your AIT spot. I leave Feb.4th to Arkansas. Best thing to do is talk to your recruiter about the GED plus and see what he/she can do. best of luck. hope it helped some.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyNG_Girl225 View Post
              The only place they do GED plus is in Arkansas, if you get accepted and there are slots available they will send you there. I just enlisted the 30th of October and I'll be going to this program and I live in Ohio. the way it works is you go to this base for about 4 weeks, then straight to Basic Training then your AIT spot. I leave Feb.4th to Arkansas. Best thing to do is talk to your recruiter about the GED plus and see what he/she can do. best of luck. hope it helped some.
              I would still encourage members to check in with their recruiters. GED Plus is still being offered in several states, aside from Arkansas. Slot availability, on the other hand, is a separate issue all together.
              Last edited by RyCass; November 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I was told only Arkansas does it now, thats the only reason I said that. because I heard they're trying to do away with the program. but yes talk with your recruiter! I only know what my recruiter told me about it all.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyNG_Girl225 View Post
                  I was told only Arkansas does it now, thats the only reason I said that. because I heard they're trying to do away with the program. but yes talk with your recruiter! I only know what my recruiter told me about it all.
                  No problem! I just want to make sure to clarify that what may not be available in one state, may be in another .

Comment

Working...
                  X