Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice for Joining

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
    The more critical skills you hit, the greater priority you are given. Unlike most of the other FLEA that have some sort of lame first in first out queue. You can never attract top talent if you have that type of system.
    No matter how many skills you have. The hardest part is passing the FBI Pre Employment polygraph. Less than 30 percent get through it......and it is not just as easy as telling the truth. They use that tool to weed out those who qualify that they don't want.

Comment

The more critical skills you hit, the greater priority you are given. Unlike most of the other FLEA that have some sort of lame first in first out queue. You can never attract top talent if you have that type of system.
      Yeah, I'm trying to hit as many as I can, I'm trying to start learning more languages, though this is tough and the non-english alphabet ones are supposedly the hardest to learn.

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      Driving record? Ever been 90 days late on a payment? Smoked marijuana more then 15 times?
      I think I had a speeding ticket once when I was 18. Other than that, its clean. No debt, pay bills on time. No pot use.

Comment

You can, however, apply under the Computer Science/IT track if you have a certification such as the CCNP or CCIE.

-Military experience (preferably Combat Arms or Special Operations)
        -Priority foreign language such as Chinese or Arabic
        I am working on getting my CCNA (precursor to CCNP), my employer has a professional development budget.

Would the best MOS be Infantry? Would MP be a good substitute? As well, what about completing OCS?
        I am currently learning German (I took German in high school and it would be easier to relearn/become fluent). Also planning on learning a second foreign language after.

Comment

^ On that subject, the military's eLearning/Skillport program will grant you free access to Rosetta Stone, amongst other areas of study.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
            ^ On that subject, the military's eLearning/Skillport program will grant you free access to Rosetta Stone, amongst other areas of study.
            No, there is no more free rosetta stone.

http://usarmy.rosettastone.com/

Comment

And there goes one of the lesser known perks.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                No matter how many skills you have. The hardest part is passing the FBI Pre Employment polygraph. Less than 30 percent get through it......and it is not just as easy as telling the truth. They use that tool to weed out those who qualify that they don't want.
                One of the clowns from my SOCS class took the FBI polygraph. This moron decided to use counter-measures and failed in an epic fashion.

Comment

One of the clowns from my SOCS class took the FBI polygraph. This moron decided to use counter-measures and failed in an epic fashion.
                  It's nothing but a crap shoot. Honest, lie, use or don't use countermeasures...it's anyones guess what the outcome will be.

Comment

Working...
                  X